Windows 10: trojan virus on external hard drive

Discus and support trojan virus on external hard drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Scanned EXTERNAL hd AND FOUND TROJAN VIRUS. WINDOWS BLOCKED IT BUT DID NOT REMOVE IT. HOW DO I ELIMINATE IT?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RayBrown9, Jul 5, 2019.

1. RayBrown9 Win User

trojan virus on external hard drive

Scanned EXTERNAL hd AND FOUND TROJAN VIRUS. WINDOWS BLOCKED IT BUT DID NOT REMOVE IT. HOW DO I ELIMINATE IT?

:)

RayBrown9, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 5, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jul 5, 2019
  4. trojan virus on external hard drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

trojan virus on external hard drive

1. trojan virus on external hard drive - Similar Threads - trojan virus external

2. trojan virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trojan virus: so my security told me i had a trojan virus in quarantine and i pressed remove did that get rid of the threat of the trojan cause idk how that works like is the person trying to get on my computer gone...
  3. trojan virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trojan virus: What is "altsonypics.com" and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-virus/96f8ca83-3292-4259-abf6-66f86e832940
  4. trojan virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trojan virus: What is "altsonypics.com" and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-virus/96f8ca83-3292-4259-abf6-66f86e832940
  5. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: Guys please help me i dont know how to remove it and i think it is a Trojan Virus and it says it is severe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trojan-virus/29d9a1a4-d649-4caf-9c49-bba2fb734b9b
  6. Very Specific External Hard Drive Virus / Issue

Very Specific External Hard Drive Virus / Issue: I am very unsure of weather my external hard drive has a virus or not. But I'm going to make a very strong assumption. I downloaded a Adobe plugin on my external hard drive and about an hour later, that same external hard drive gets renamed to "Local Disk", after it was...
  7. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: I've had these weird Dos windows flash in, while i'm using my PC, in Fullsrcn.I've caught a Srcnshot of the Dos-window and was able to open the source into Notepad.Hopefully one of the Wizzards can help me. Both a scan from MSERT And Defender is giving me, an all-clear.I have...
  8. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: I have a virus on my windows 10, the virus I keep getting are called "Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB61" Yesterday I had the windows defender remove it although it says "Threat Blocked" The virus wit that status is called "VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore" I had found it as it...
  9. Virus/trojan

Virus/trojan: Hello, an hour ago (February/24/2019 3:54am EST) I had a accidental download and installment of a trojan or virus. I have had a virus problem before but NOT like this one to where I can't fix it my self. This download made the PC fully aware of it's being, and quarantined...
  10. trojan virus

trojan virus: Hi my windows defender keeps updating me i have a Trojan in win32 folder named touluse.N!** forgotten the extension how do i remove it i have tried to find this so far without solution 1 unhiding files in explorer 2 looking it in resmon(resource manager) 3 looking for it...