Windows 10: Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files

Discus and support Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Windows defender picked up the trojan named w32/Tiggre!plock,after i scanned the laptop as it was running extremely slowly.The trojan has now been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by windozUser2021, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files

Hi,

Windows defender picked up the trojan named w32/Tiggre!plock,after i scanned the laptop as it was running extremely slowly.The trojan has now been deleted but i tried to delete the temp files from windows/temp as i often do,but now the files cannot be deleted.it first asks for administrator permission (ignore photos that has the "skip" highlighted,i definitely pressed the allow),i press continue to allow that,but still wont delet the temp files.I am assuming it is due to the trojan,it has locked up my files in the temp files folder.It doesnt seem like the laptop is running slow after the trojans' detection and deletion,but i am wondering what is in the files that it wont allow them to be deleted? The trojan has also backdated these files,as I often delete them. In any case,all i really want is to delete them as i have no idea what they may be trying to do.
    SO HOW WOULD I DO THIS?? without re-formatting the laptop?

laptop:
    acer
    win8.1

Thanks in advance for any help.

Btw,the trojan somehow got onto my laptop after i started allowing java to run,to enable videos in major news sites!!
    thanks for any help.thanks

:)

windozUser2021, Mar 18, 2020

2. defender identifies but will not remove trogan win32/Tiggre!plock

Defender identifies but will not remove trogan win32/Tiggre!plock

tried about a dozen times. also tried defender offline, Malwarebytes, hitman pro with same results.

should I just format and reinstall?

PatrickMiniaci, Mar 18, 2020
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files

Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files

1. Trojan w32/Tiggre!plock - locked my temp folder,cannot delete files - Similar Threads - Trojan w32 Tiggre

2. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  3. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  4. Trojan W32/Kryptik.DLH.gen!Eldorado removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan W32/Kryptik.DLH.gen!Eldorado removal: System Mechanic detected this trojan buried in WildtangentHelper. Was unable to fix. What is the best process to remove said Trojan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-w32kryptikdlhgeneldorado-removal/80a70a67-9f62-4980-ac19-7d7b579c6ca3
  5. Trojan W32/Kryptik.DLH.gen!Eldorado removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan W32/Kryptik.DLH.gen!Eldorado removal: System Mechanic detected this trojan buried in WildtangentHelper. Was unable to fix. What is the best process to remove said Trojan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-w32kryptikdlhgeneldorado-removal/80a70a67-9f62-4980-ac19-7d7b579c6ca3
  6. Trojan W32/Kryptik.DLH.gen!Eldorado removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder: trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojans-create-file-for-appdata-temp-or-windows/5f158b9d-b52f-4a62-b5ef-e6a7105ec4bd
  8. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  9. Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp: The last 5 years I had deleted windows 10 Temp files and hadno problems because it occupies too many MB. Started on January 23, 2021, I cannot remove them. I went in OS C: > Windows>Temp . I used Disk cleanup. They do not work anymore. Does somebody control my computer?...
  10. GandCrab.AF and tiggre!plock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GandCrab.AF and tiggre!plock: Hello. My son connected a pen drive to my laptop which had GandCrab.AF Trojan and tiggre!plock yesterday. Windows defender detected it and deleted all the files of the pen drive. My son "allowed" these trojans and connected to the internet. I immediately disconnected it...