Windows 10: trojan windows defender

Discus and support trojan windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan. I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

trojan windows defender

I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan.
    I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan, sorry, forgot to write any info down.
    I had seen it before on friends computers and cleaned it out, it wants you to call the number but all you have to do is disconnect from net and turn off computer, turn on computer and run ccleaner and defender, running mrt now.
    My question is how did it get passed defender, I know some web sites get a hidden infection and if you go there you could get infected but how did defender let it in, it may be new code in it but it is an old one, just turn off pc.
    I know antivirus just plays catch up before they can write code to stop something, still I am wondering why it got through.
    I am probably in the top ten percent for safe computing.

:)

2. LizRules Win User

Tried to get old Stikynot.exe file from Windows.old folder in Anniversary Update, Windows Defender says file has Win32/Ipac.b!cl trojan. Please help!

I haven't installed anything malicious. And Windows Defender deleted stikynot.exe successfully. Windows Defender Offline is for threats Windows Defender cannot delete, and the Trojan Windows Defender detected is only Trojan I've come across so far, I didn't
    have any other problems. The question is, has anyone else had this same problem? Maybe there is no Trojan and Windows Defender is just comparing the executable to other programs that actually have that Trojan, so it thinks stikynot.exe has it? I had another
    question too. For the few seconds I was using it, I tried to delete the note I made, but no confirmation window came up. Does stikynot.exe need any dll files? Can anyone help me with these two problems?

LizRules, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Repeated Trojan attack (Trojan:Win32/Powessere.H

This trojan has been unsuccessfully trying to access my laptop. Thankfully Windows Defender blocks it. My question is: this trojan has been attempting to access my laptop EVERY day since 2/28/2018. WHY has Windows Defender not provided something to prevent
    the same trojan from repeatedly trying to attack my computer?

KatKrazyHayes, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Wood Win User

trojan windows defender

mrt has picked up 1 infection, still running

5. Wood Win User
    mrt said 1 infected file while running, when finished it said no malicious software found, under details none were listed, does that mean it took it out or should I run again. I might get a minor infection once every 2 years, I have had defender a few months and got one, just curious, I also read that defender will be improved in the fall update.

6. Wood Win User
    running mrt, it again says 1 file infected which confuses me, especially if when done it says none.

7. sml156 Win User
    Check in your scan history, Maybe you have something in quarantine.

To find your scan history open windows defender and click on the icon on the left that looks like a shield.

sml156, Oct 28, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

trojan windows defender

Hi.
    Usually disconnecting from the internet and running a Ccleaner scan on the browser does the trick for these things. But to be sure, you might want to run ADWCleaner and JRT.

Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

Junkware Removal Tool Download

I think Malwarebytes Pro would have prevented that from happening. *Wink

simrick, Oct 29, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've seen it before. It seems to only happen with Microsoft Edge. All you need to do when it pops up is CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the Microsoft Edge process. It does not affect Firefox.

NavyLCDR, Oct 29, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Each AV has its accuracy/inaccuracy.
    It takes into consideraton:
    false positives
    false negatives
    true positives
    true negatives

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-c..._201710_en.pdf
    AV-Comparatives Performance-Test - AV-Comparatives

Potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are categorized as malware.
    Some AV products automatically scan for them, others are manual, and other not at all.

Malwarebytes has options to scan for:
    Potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
    Potentially unwanted modifications (PUMs)

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

trojan windows defender

1. trojan windows defender - Similar Threads - trojan defender

2. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  3. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  4. Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...: Defender shows a blocked trojan. Another antivirus program shows nothing. Should I be concerned about having a trojan in my system? Defender shows it has blocked this trojan 6 or 7 times. How do I get rid of it? I've run defender scans and it shows it blocked....
  5. Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...

Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...: Defender shows a blocked trojan. Another antivirus program shows nothing. Should I be concerned about having a trojan in my system? Defender shows it has blocked this trojan 6 or 7 times. How do I get rid of it? I've run defender scans and it shows it blocked....
  6. Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...: I have gotten a few of these trojan warnings from IO Bit malware fighter and windows defender. Malware fighter says quarantined and deleted. defender has them still in the threats and says they need actions. When i try nothing happens. I am afraid to do anything with this new...
  7. Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...

Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...: I have gotten a few of these trojan warnings from IO Bit malware fighter and windows defender. Malware fighter says quarantined and deleted. defender has them still in the threats and says they need actions. When i try nothing happens. I am afraid to do anything with this new...
  8. my laptop has a trojan virus called wacatac and windows defender isnt doing anything please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop has a trojan virus called wacatac and windows defender isnt doing anything please...: i got a trojan virus somehow i ddnt click any links when i went to defender it wasnt doing anything the hacker that used the trojan got my discord im worried he might get other info...
  9. my laptop has a trojan virus called wacatac and windows defender isnt doing anything please...

my laptop has a trojan virus called wacatac and windows defender isnt doing anything please...: i got a trojan virus somehow i ddnt click any links when i went to defender it wasnt doing anything the hacker that used the trojan got my discord im worried he might get other info...
  10. my laptop has a trojan virus called wacatac and windows defender isnt doing anything please...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security