Windows 10: Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what?

Discus and support Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. Had I known this was important, I would have written... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ErinMWhite, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what?

I have a laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. Had I known this was important, I would have written down the digital license number, but it never occurred to me. A Trojan hit my laptop from an email account inside Outlook. After the cleanup, Windows 10 now wants activation. But I don't know how to do that since this was the free upgrade. What now?

Thanks

Erin

:)

ErinMWhite, Dec 26, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 26, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what?

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what?

1. Trojan wiped my digital license for free Windows 10 upgrade - now what? - Similar Threads - Trojan wiped digital

2. Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?: Hello,I am planning to upgrade my Win 10 Pro machine to Win 11 Pro. I currently have a digital license.If, say six month from now, I decided I was not a fan of Win 11 and wanted to go back to Win 10, would that be possible? If I fully formatted my machine, and installed a...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License: Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital LicenseI am having a valid digital license of Windows 10 Pro in my system. It was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 ProHow to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?windows 10 pro for...
  4. Find Digital License for Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find Digital License for Windows 10 Free Upgrade: I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home had Windows 7 before in 2016, directly from Microsoft. Recently my PC started having issues with the Windows update, then this weekend I noticed an error message in Settings, saying "Windows is not activated." I ran the...
  5. Window 10 upgrade digital license?

Window 10 upgrade digital license?: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to windows 10 HOME . I have been browsing the store and I cant seem to find a software copy/license key. I only want to purchase the product key via online (I don't want to buy a hard copy and have it delivered to me). Can I...
  6. Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware

Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware: Hi! I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 which I had an original copy of. I am looking to upgrade my computer's CPU and motherboard. Will I be able to use the current version of windows that I have and if yes, is there a limit to how many upgrades I can do to my PC?...
  7. Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.

Question on Windows 10 free upgrade license.: I have an old machine that was originally running Windows 7 Pro(Retail) and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro through the free upgrade process. I believe I tied it to an MS Account with my email, but cannot remember. I logged onto my account from another computer and see my...
  8. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.: So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro...
  9. Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question

Window 10 Free Upgrade License Question: I have a few questions relating to the license terms for the Free Windows 10 Upgrade from 7. 1) Does the license require that Window 7 be replaced on the computer with Windows 10? For example, can I create an image of my existing Win 7 system, recover it to a second hard...
  10. Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license?

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license?: Is it known whether the serial of an upgraded Windows 7 or 8 will become affiliated with MS as being a Windows 10 serial, so that the license owner may reinstall Windows 10 after a format or machine-license transfer, including beyond the 1-year period for free Windows 10...