Windows 10: TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.

Discus and support TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've been recently been prompted over and over again that a threat has been found. The threat being TrojanDownloader:097M/Donoff. I can only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Decoder00, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Decoder00 Win User

TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.

Hello,

I've been recently been prompted over and over again that a threat has been found. The threat being TrojanDownloader:097M/Donoff. I can only access info on the threat only if I click on the notification, which shows me the history and that 097M/Donoff has been quarantined. I can't find options to delete the threat though. If I try to look at defenders home screen it show me that no threats have been found.

It seems that the notifications stop when I exit OneDrive from systray icon. OneDrive just seems to keep Processing Changes, even though nothing has changed.

I have run Malwarebytes, and it has found nothing.

Whats going on? How do I get rid of this? I did an offline scan and it found nothing.

I'm stumped, help please. Thanks.

TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs. db147807-4da3-4688-8022-20dfdaa8c0d3?upload=true.jpg TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs. 96a36835-f846-4156-b632-b1204b932e37?upload=true.jpg

:)

Decoder00, Apr 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 4, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs. ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 4, 2019
  4. TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.

1. TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs. - Similar Threads - TrojanDowloader 097M Donoff

2. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  3. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  4. can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender: Hi, If there a tool that will allow me to scan an Office Word document to check if the Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender is a real threat or is a legitimate Word Add-In that adds the advertised functionality? The document contains macros to enable teachers...
  5. High CPU usage when running OneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage when running OneDrive: I am running OneDrive both for a work account, and personal account. Frequently almost all the time OneDrive is running it causes my machine to hit 100% CPU usage with Windows Explorer.exe taking about 2/3rds of that. Here is a screenshot of Process Explorer, with CPU...
  6. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?: I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps. Thanks. 122819
  7. What happened to my OneDrive?

What happened to my OneDrive?: I got an email today from microsoft about all the "wonderful" changes they made to onedrive. I went online and looked at my cloud storage and am ticked (not the word I'm using in my head) that they changed everything so that it's filed by date (like google drive/photos)...
  8. BSOD seems to happen when attaching and removing external devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD seems to happen when attaching and removing external devices: Dear Sir/Madame, I have been having an intermittent problem with my Acer Aspire 5251-1805 running Windows 10 and it was not a problem previously. I noticed that when I was attaching an external drive or wi-fi booster on my computer it will crash and restart. I get a message...
  9. OneDrive Update seems odd.

OneDrive Update seems odd.: On my computer, I get this message pop up "Microsoft One Drive - An update is required, to continue using OneDrive, you need to update it.". When I click on Update oneDrive, the PC downloads an exe file from https://oneclient.sfx.ms/OneDriveSetup.exe Does anyone know if...
  10. Onedrive not running

Onedrive not running: Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did. I looked under GPedit and the four onedrive items are set as not...