Windows 10: TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender

Discus and support TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My client's Win 10 Pro (version 1903) computer has contracted the despicable TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA trojan from somewhere and I've run multiple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Travis_Lloyd, Jul 25, 2019.

1. TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender

My client's Win 10 Pro (version 1903) computer has contracted the despicable TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA trojan from somewhere and I've run multiple scans with Windows Defender (including a couple of Offline Scans) but it continues to report "Remediation incomplete" over and over again. I've also run (the paid premium version of) Malwarebytes as well as Spybot Search & Destroy, all updated with the latest definitions. Crazily enough, they won't even detect the thing, which at least Defender did. The "Help Page" is no help at all, since it assumes that Windows Defender was able to catch and delete the Trojan. I haven't seen one this bad in a long time, mainly because my machines all have the afore-mentioned multi-layered defense, including SpywareBlaster (which I know is a passive, not active measure). Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Microsoft Help Page

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender 89de3e09-2757-4468-866f-dc6ea951b1cf?upload=true.jpg TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender 03c77e1b-9475-497b-b7a6-e435c14d4a2d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Travis_Lloyd, Jul 25, 2019
  2. VJSoh Win User

Trojandownloader: O97M/adnel

Hi,

I used the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer. The scan results show Trojandownloader O97M/adnel as malicious software detected but not removed.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool did not remove this trojan file. I dont know why.

How do I remove this malicious software?

Thanks

<Moved from Windows 10>

VJSoh, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender

Le Boule, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender

1. TrojanDownloader:O97M/Xdoc.YA Can't Be Quarantined Or Deleted By Windows Defender - Similar Threads - TrojanDownloader O97M Xdoc

2. Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine: Hi, yesterday I used PowerShell to add exclusion for .exe file type. Then Windows Defender found powershell.exe as virus and blocked me to access to it. I can't press allow because there isn't any allow button. Every time I run PowerShell, it crashed. Any solution?...
  3. Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine: Hi, yesterday I used PowerShell to add exclusion for .exe file type. Then Windows Defender found powershell.exe as virus and blocked me to access to it. I can't press allow because there isn't any allow button. Every time I run PowerShell, it crashed. Any solution?...
  4. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  5. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  6. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. No option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine.

No option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine.: I am not given the option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine, please can you tell why or how can I do it... Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-option-to-delete-threats-in-windows-defender/ed24a858-9a02-4d5f-97b1-ab003fe1ec5f
  10. Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader

Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader: Hey, My windows defender has started detecting a virus named 'Trojandownloader:JS/Fakepack' since yesterday. And its detecting every time I turn on to my laptop. So I just started a full scan for my system. All the files were scanned in a duration of 1 hour but 3 files were...