Windows 10: TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR

Discus and support TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender gives a warning for that trojan and my firefox browser does not work any more. What can I do? Thank you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thomas und Karin Zeeb, Feb 2, 2021.

1. TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR

Windows Defender gives a warning for that trojan and my firefox browser does not work any more.

What can I do?

Thank you

:)

Thomas und Karin Zeeb, Feb 2, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

No MSR partition after converting from MBR to GPT a while back?

Yes, we will rebuild the whole thing.

Here's the steps:
    1. Copy this code and save it in a file called: EFI.txt to an external HD.
      IMPORTANT: The code uses Disk 0 on first line, make sure you use the same disk #, if not, change it.
      select disk 0
      clean
      convert GPT
      create partition primary size=499
      format quick fs=ntfs
      set id=DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC override
      gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
      create partition primary size=99
      format quick fs=FAT32
      set id=C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B override
      create par MSR size=16
      list par
      exit
    2. Download Macrium Rescue disk ISO.: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
      build a bootable USB, use: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with the USB. NOTE: there are 2 boot up modes: USB-XXX and UEFI-USB-XXX
      Since your Windows is GPT, Must use: UEFI-USB-XXX
    4. Make a complete backup image of your current Windows Disk 0 including D: partition to the external HD.
      (Click on image this disk)
      IMPORTANT:
      Make sure you verify the image
    5. Next, Click on the command icon on the bottom left to open the command windows then type:
      diskpart /s Drive:\EFI.txt where Drive is the the drive letter of the external HD.
      This will create the 1st 3 partitions: 500MB Recovery, 100MB EFI System, 16MB MSR
    6. Go back to Macrium Windows, click on Backup tab, click on Refresh
    7. Next, click on Restore Tab and select the backup image created in step 4
      Select the destination disk (Disk 0)
    8. Drag the Cdrive from top row and drop to the empty space next to 16MB MSR, then drag D: and drop next to C:
      Click next->Finish
    9. Once restore completed. Click on "Fix Windows Boot problem". Follow the screen to rebuild the BCD.
    10. Reboot

You should have: 499 MB Recovery, 99 EFI System, 16MB MSR and C drive + Drive (16MB MSR is hidden from Disk Management)
    Here's a screen shot without Drive D since I only have Windows partitions on disk 0

TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR [​IMG]

At this point your Windows Recovery Environment is broken, we will fix that next.

If you have any question. Please ask !!!

topgundcp, Feb 2, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    MSR Size Curiosity - GPT secondary disks

That's often what it is, but there are other references- rather the point of interest here e.g.
    https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-uk/sln288535/what-is-the-128mb-partition-that-is-created-during-the-installation-of-windows?lang=en

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN
    How big is the MSR?

dalchina, Feb 2, 2021
  4. TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR

Windows 10 install error Re: UEFI firmware problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can resolve this error by creating a Microsoft Reserved Partition (MSR), however there are inherent risks involved when creating MSR partitions.
    If done improperly, it may cause the disk to become unreadable.
    If you do not feel comfortable following the steps for creating an MSR partition, you may wish to wait until the next build.

To create an MSR partition:

• 1.Open a command prompt as an administrator

• 2.Run diskpart.exe

• 3.Type the command: List Disk

• Note how many disks are listed, and then follow the steps listed in the appropriate section below.

If only 1 disk is shown:

• Type the command:

List volume

• Find the volume listed in the Info column as the
      Boot volume (typically the C drive) and note the number of the volume.

• Run these commands:

Select volume X (where X is the volume number noted in the previous step)

Shrink desired=50 minimum=40

Create partition msr

• To verify that the partition is created, run the command:

List partition

5. Then exit diskpart or close the command prompt.

If you have 2 or more disks, it gets more complicated. In order to make space for the MSR, we need to search Disk 0 for a partition that Diskpart is able to shrink:

• Type the commands:

• Select disk 0

• List partition

• Select partition 1

• Detail partition

• Within the details, look to see if this partition is Letter C and/or if it is an NTFS partition.
      If it is, proceed to Step 3 below to shrink the partition. If not, check the next partition:

• Select partition 2

• Detail partition

• And continue in this manner until you find that the partition you’ve selected is Letter C and/or NTFS.

• Type the commands:

• Shrink desired=50 minimum=40

• Create partition msr

• To verify that the partition is created, run the command:

• List partition

• Then exit diskpart or close the command prompt.

You can also verify that the partition is created by running Disk Management (by typing diskmgmt.msc into the Search box and pressing Enter).
    The MSR partition should appear at the end of the disk.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR

1. TrojanDropper:Win64/Tnega!MSR - Similar Threads - TrojanDropper Win64 Tnega

2. Getting trojan:win64/tnega!msr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting trojan:win64/tnega!msr: Hi, i have a problem, recently i downloaded some software and i got trojan:win64/tnega!msr this. i cannot remove it bcs there is no such folder where it could be, also it starts up when i restart pc. i cannot remove it. i tryied everything but it doenst work....
  3. Getting trojan:win64/tnega!msr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting trojan:win64/tnega!msr: Hi, i have a problem, recently i downloaded some software and i got trojan:win64/tnega!msr this. i cannot remove it bcs there is no such folder where it could be, also it starts up when i restart pc. i cannot remove it. i tryied everything but it doenst work....
  4. Win64/expiro.da.mtb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win64/expiro.da.mtb: Again and again win64expiro.aa.mtb,da.mtb,.ndp.mtb detection what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win64expirodamtb/90682166-2711-4fae-8cc1-5ce0def6be9b
  5. Win64/expiro.da.mtb

Win64/expiro.da.mtb: Again and again win64expiro.aa.mtb,da.mtb,.ndp.mtb detection what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win64expirodamtb/90682166-2711-4fae-8cc1-5ce0def6be9b
  6. How to remove win64/Expiro.DA!MTB and win32/grenam.VA!MSR virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove win64/Expiro.DA!MTB and win32/grenam.VA!MSR virus?: My windows defender has detected these viruses but is struggling to remove them. How can I remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-win64expirodamtb-and/f6689e78-859a-4f1e-a5b2-e2931880fd4b
  7. How to remove win64/Expiro.DA!MTB and win32/grenam.VA!MSR virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove win64/Expiro.DA!MTB and win32/grenam.VA!MSR virus?: My windows defender has detected these viruses but is struggling to remove them. How can I remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-win64expirodamtb-and/f6689e78-859a-4f1e-a5b2-e2931880fd4b
  8. How to remove win64/Expiro.DA!MTB and win32/grenam.VA!MSR virus?

9. Two trojans that wont go away Trojan:MSIL/DllInject Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two trojans that wont go away Trojan:MSIL/DllInject Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR: I have two trojans that won't go away no matter how many times I preform full scan and remove them they just keep coming back. I'm not sure if they are causing lag on my PC or not because when I use it now its slower and I don't know how to remove these, someone please help...
  10. Two trojans that wont go away Trojan:MSIL/DllInject Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR

Two trojans that wont go away Trojan:MSIL/DllInject Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR: I have two trojans that won't go away no matter how many times I preform full scan and remove them they just keep coming back. I'm not sure if they are causing lag on my PC or not because when I use it now its slower and I don't know how to remove these, someone please help...