Windows 10: Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

Discus and support Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So about a month ago, I migrated my entire hard drive to an SSD, and apparently for the last month, it has been using the hard drive instead of the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Theballisticchicken, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

So about a month ago, I migrated my entire hard drive to an SSD, and apparently for the last month, it has been using the hard drive instead of the SSD to do everything. Today I took apart my computer to clean a bunch of parts out and I decided to not plug in my hard drive, so I could store it somewhere else for use in another place. Windows booted up and everything worked but all of my saved storage is what was migrated a month ago, and I need the stuff from the last month. But it is not allowing me to access my hard drive.

submitted by /u/Theballisticchicken
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Theballisticchicken, Jan 24, 2021
  2. GarySabia Win User

Trouble accessing files on external hard drive

I am am having trouble accessing files from an external hard drive. Getting 0x80004005 error message and other errors "can not access files". I have shared and given permissions for all the files but still no luck

The external hard drive was one of a shared network of hard drives but I have been able to access all the others....

THoughts? Suggestions?

GarySabia, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jan 24, 2021
  4. YuanSR Win User

Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

Adding a SSD as C: Drive

Hi,

To move the OS, you need some cloning tools indeed. Otherwise, you have to do clean install. Normally, my suggestion is to install SSD and do a fresh install of Windows 10. Yet you got Windows 10 from Windows 8.

To my knowledge, the registry information is connected with your motherboard instead of the hard drive. So change a hard drive won't go bad.

Give Aomei Partition Assistant a shot. There is a "migrate OS to SSD" feature which can move OS drive including installed programs to SSD. Then remove
    your current hard drive to test if you can boot Windows 10 from SSD.

Always backup important data. Regards.

YuanSR, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

1. Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD - Similar Threads - Trouble Accessing Hard

2. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  3. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  4. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  6. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  7. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble migrating OS to an SSD: So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using Macrium. I get an error when I try to boot from the SSD, after all the copying process. And whatever I try doesn't help. Does...
  9. Hard drive migration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive migration: I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed on it; will the migration stop the OS from working? Is this even possible? submitted by /u/hotspark226 [link] [comments]...
  10. Trouble Accessing External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Accessing External Hard drive: I just got an external hard drive for my computer from a friend and I am trying to format the drive to clear the previous data. The drive will not show in file explorer but when I go to devices in settings it shows that it is connected. I cannot even access any data that is...