Windows 10: Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...

Discus and support Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My son and his friends built a PC yesterday, and installed Windows 10 Pro using a friend's USB. We decided it would be best to have our own legitimate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dat BoiRekt, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...

My son and his friends built a PC yesterday, and installed Windows 10 Pro using a friend's USB. We decided it would be best to have our own legitimate Windows 10, so we purchased Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store and downloaded it. The activation key is not accepted. The computer says the windows 10 pro version is still active. We've tried selecting "change product key" and that doesn't work. Not sure what to do. Any help a beginner can understand? Thanks

:)

Dat BoiRekt, Jan 10, 2021

2. Invalid Product Key on legitimate windows 10 copy?

So, I recently bought a CyberPower PC from Best Buy with Windows 10
    Pre-Installed on it. Everything seemed fine until a few hours after the computer was on, when the infamous Activate Windows watermark showed up. When I checked the Activation menu, there was a listed product key that I assume had come with the PC, but
    Windows said that it was not a valid key, and that I should buy a genuine copy of Windows. (Error Code: 0xC004003)

There is no other product key within the computer's packaging, and trying to find this existing key through CMD has rendered no results. I have legitimately found no similar problems to this on nearly a dozen threads. I really don't want to spend $50 on
    Windows 10, something I already paid for, or start having to make a habit of manually turning off the watermark in the registry editor and restarting my computer every few hours so I don't have to deal with it
    because of something that isn't my fault.

The only conceivable reasons that I could seem to find that would make Windows not like this Product Key is that either the people at Best Buy upgraded the PC from Windows 7 (Which is strangely the listed backup OS on this PC) incorrectly and installed some
    hardware drivers in the wrong order or something, or "The Windows 10 Activation Servers are Running Slowly, and My Version Will Activate in a Matter of Days," which is looking less and less likely as nearly a week will have passed at the conception of this
    thread.

Sorry for the massive wall of text, but I wanted to give all the info I could. If anyone has any other solutions, I'd appreciate it.

TrunchMaster, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Rob4642 Win User
    Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Like Pill Monster said no more Windows 10 keys for Insiders. It was on Microsoft Blog they said that all that stuff is tied to one machine. You can upgrade anytime but never make a clean install. Those people who upgraded from 7 or 8.1 to 10 can do a clean install of RTM and post-RTM builds. A friend of mine upgraded from RTM to 10533 or whatever the latest post-RTM build is (and it activated just fine).

After all MS isn't stupid to give Windows 10 for free.

Drone, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...

1. Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had... - Similar Threads - Trouble activating legitimate

2. I had a product key but can not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a product key but can not active: I need help active Windows server 2019 with a valid key. I have key but can not active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-product-key-but-can-not-active/205b23cd-6961-488b-8288-f7ec63cfd6b3
  3. I had a product key but can not active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a product key but can not active: I need help active Windows server 2019 with a valid key. I have key but can not active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-product-key-but-can-not-active/205b23cd-6961-488b-8288-f7ec63cfd6b3
  4. "active window" with a new product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "active window" with a new product key: My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!...
  5. "active window" with a new product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "active window" with a new product key: My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!...
  6. Activation key in a new product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation key in a new product: I currently have a Windows 10 Home key linked to my Microsoft Accout and I just bought a new computer with a new activation key. If I log in with the same Microsoft Account what happens to the key in my old computer?...
  7. I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.: I got a windows 10 key from an old computer that I bought new. Whenever I try to use it on my new computer, I always get the same message, "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050". I don't know...
  8. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...: I got my new laptop but upon running command prompt, it's saying that my laptop is activated by KMS. Will changing my product key do any? submitted by /u/-bellyflop- [link] [comments]...
  9. Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build: I got a laptop 2 years ago that came with windows 10 on it. Juice spilled on it, and now it's broken. Won't turn on or light up even when plugged in. Is there an easy way I can recover my Windows 10 product key from it, or does Microsoft prevent you from doing this? I would...
  10. a new key product to activate my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    a new key product to activate my pc: i need to know how to get a new key product https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-key-product-to-activate-my-pc/b83c0848-0c90-4d70-8190-13ba9db68a38