Windows 10: Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, purchasing it from the Microsoft Store and downloading it to my computer. The installation seems to have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeDellipriscoli, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Today, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, purchasing it from the Microsoft Store and downloading it to my computer. The installation seems to have been successful, but in Settings>Updates and Security>Activation it says that it has not been activated. Troubleshooting is no help and since I downloaded it from the store, I have no product key to enter.

Any help?

:)

MikeDellipriscoli, Sep 5, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

1. Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Trouble activating recent

2. Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I have a product key that can supposedly upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. When I enter the key, it opens an window that has a "start" button to start upgrading. However, at the "preparing for upgrade" screen, when it's 100% the process stops and my screen shows me this...
  3. Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I paid for an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro a couple days ago on the MS Store. Each time I have tried to activate it, it tries and fails and says try again.Today I updated to the Home version to the latest updates. After rebooting, it now says:Edition Windows 10...
  4. windows 10 pro upgrade activation

windows 10 pro upgrade activation: I purchased an account bound license for windows 10 home a few years ago. Today I purchased the upgrade for windows 10 pro. Initially the upgrade would not install through the microsoft store. So I restarted my computer. After the restart this is what I see in my...
  5. Trouble activating windows 10 pro :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble activating windows 10 pro :(: So I have an non-genuine copy of windows 10 pro and decided to buy one(and the code is authentic) for like 15$ on another site instead of 230$~ on the microsoft store. And when I try to change the product key It’s not able to activate because when I’ve had previous versions...
  6. My recent upgrade with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recent upgrade with Windows 10: Dear Community team I do hope you can help me with a serious problem. Microsoft asked me to do an upgrade recently. While this was being carried out I was asked by Microsoft Do you wish to restore your programmes and other settings. I replied yes! I sat in front of my...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating

Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating: We have 2 computers that had windows 10 home edition with an active license. We updated them to Windows 10 Pro so that we can put them on a domain. These were purchased from Dell so they were not preowned. With the new Windows 10 Pro installed windows wont activate and...
  8. Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro

Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro: I just downloaded the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from 7 Home - I keep getting a message saying I need to Activate Windows. Activation fails saying I have no product key, there is no product key in my order email....where can I find it?...
  9. Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro: I was running Windows 7 Pro and recently (March 26/19) upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I had 2 Hard drives install, (C: - Disk 0), being the MBR and primary drive, and the other (D: - Disk 1) was an additional 320 GB that I was using as a storage for Backup and Restore purposes....
  10. Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I am attempting to upgrade my os to Windows 10 pro. I have a Product Key from a DVD that I have used successfully before--I bought the Windows 10 Pro years ago. However, when I attempted to enter the Key in the Activation window, I got an error message: The Product...