Windows 10: Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop

Discus and support Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Office 365 installed on my desktop and laptop. The desktop is my main computer and the laptop is for travelling, so I keep the laptop an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Involute, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Involute Win User

Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop

I have Office 365 installed on my desktop and laptop. The desktop is my main computer and the laptop is for travelling, so I keep the laptop an environmental subset of the desktop, syncing data before and after a trip. I just bought a new laptop (Lenovo P43s) to replace the old one and I'm installing the subset of apps on it.

It came with Office 365 already installed on it, so instead of doing a fresh install I'm trying to activate the one that's there. This has worked with all the apps except Outlook. When I start it, I get a Windows Security dialog saying it's connecting to my e-mail address and offering a user name text box and a password text box. It's already filled the user name text box with "MicrosoftAccount\<my e-mail address>" but it's not accepting the password I thought was associated with this e-mail. I guess I'm not sure if this dialog is asking for my Microsoft credentials or my Exchange credentials. I've tried the latter, too, and those don't work either. I've also tried deleting the "MicrosoftAccount" but that doesn't solve anything. I'll try contacting my Exchange provider but thought I'd try here first. Thanks for any tips.

:)

Involute, Dec 5, 2019
  2. gpstoloff Win User

Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Well, here's my screenshot from 18362.175 (v19H1):

Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop [​IMG]

Apologies for the size; I'm having trouble with "Insert Image". If your magnifying glass works, you will observe that the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 365) is no longer present on my Control Panel.

Next suggestion?

gpstoloff, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Tana1957 Win User
    Activate Office 365 on new laptop

When I try to activate Office 365 on my new laptop, I get an error screen which states that the site is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance and to check back later. This has been going on for (at least) 2 days now.

So ... if the activation site is down for maintenance, how do I activate Office 365???

The laptop was purchased from QVC and I have the activation code which was included in the Dell packaging.

Thanks!

Tana1957, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop

Having trouble activation Office 365

Error 0x8004FC12 when activating Office 2013 or Office 365

Source "We’re sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this for you right now. Please try again later. (0x8004FC12)" when activating Office 2013 or Office 365

DavidPostill, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop

1. Trouble activating Outlook 365 on new laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble activating Outlook

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. trouble activating new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trouble activating new pc: I set up a new pc hoping I could use my old pc's activation but having trouble getting windows to activate. I Removing the activation from my old pc and removed it from my microsoft account but my key wont activate on my new pc.I have my old windows 10 key and my even older...
  4. How to activate office 365 on new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to activate office 365 on new laptop: Hi. I purchase a yearly Microsoft 365 package for my desktop computer. This week I purchased a laptop since I need to use my desktop for Zoom meetings and want to take notes on the other device. Can I add the second device to my home plan? How do I do that and what is the...
  5. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  6. Duplicate Outlook 365 setup on laptop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Duplicate Outlook 365 setup on laptop: I only use Outlook 365 on my main PC, so all my mail and contacts, etc, are on that. I need to undertake a clean re-install on the main PC so as a temporary or perhaps permanent backup measure I want to move all the data to the laptop (which has an un-setup Outlook 365...
  7. Trouble Getting Emails to Download to Outlook (Office 365)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble Getting Emails to Download to Outlook (Office 365): I added a family member as an additional user to my desktop computer. I was able to set up their email in Microsoft Exchange, but am having trouble getting email messages to download to outlook, in Office 365. I did not have any trouble when I set my email up several months...
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  9. New Outlook as part of Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Outlook as part of Office 365: I purchased a new computer and transferred my old files and programs. I had it about a week and was ready my emails on the new system. Then I had to 'activate' the new MS Outlook (Office) to maintain the service, so I paid my subscription. Now I cannot access my email...
  10. Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop: Would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Just bought a brand new Dell laptop, and was setting it up when I noticed a notification saying Windows 10 hasn't been activated yet. I went into settings to activate it but it gives me the error code 0xC004C008, saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop outlook.com