Windows 10: Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC

Discus and support Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Toshiba Satellite A505. It originally came with the Windows 7 and about 2 years ago I updated the version to Windows 10. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dulce_Luna, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC

Hello!

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505. It originally came with the Windows 7 and about 2 years ago I updated the version to Windows 10.

I recently rebooted my PC and I am being asked to activate my Windows, I have tried with my original product key but I keep having the same problem:

We can't reach our activation servers right now. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again.

Error code: 0x80072F8F

Somebody knows how to solve this error.

Thanks!

:)

Dulce_Luna, Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC

1. Trouble activating Windows 10 after restarting my PC - Similar Threads - Trouble activating restarting

2. Trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi,I am having issues activiating windows 10 pro.I purchased this through the Microsoft store with a digital licence which worked but a few months ago this seemed to become undone as the computer is displaying “activate windows” in the bottom right hand side of the screen see...
  3. trouble with windows 10 activating

trouble with windows 10 activating: hello,i have trouble with windows 10 activating. i dont know how to activate it and e.c.t. I need help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-windows-10-activating/1e643ecc-8fa8-44db-be01-e2f0b7645648
  4. Activation Troubles after Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation Troubles after Reinstall Windows 10: I had a working activated copy of Windows 10 on my laptop, however, I had a problem with it within the last couple months with Windows Explorer restarting every few seconds so I was ultimately forced to reinstall Windows 10. I think I had Windows Home edition on it before...
  5. Troubling activating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Troubling activating Windows 10 after a hardware change.: Hi all, So I've had this machine a while. It had Vista preinstalled. Few years later I Installed a copy of Win 7. Years after that I upgraded to Win 10. About a year ago, I changed my motherboard and was unable to activate Win 10 (expected). I finally got around to a new...
  6. Trouble activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble activating Windows 10: I've just recently built another PC and installed Windows 10 but can't seem to activate it. Getting error code 0xC0EA000A. The product key I have been using is from a copy of Windows 7 I bought years ago but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free and linked it to my...
  7. Windows 10 activation trouble

Windows 10 activation trouble: I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard, and now I have a transparent notification to Activate Windows. After Troubleshooting, I simply get the error of "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Windows is working fine otherwise, the notification is...
  8. Trouble activating windows 10

Trouble activating windows 10: I recently had a MB die and I got a replacement with a new CPU. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows 10. I'm currently unable to activate it and there's no option to add a microsoft account in the activation window in settings. I got windows 10 through the free...
  9. Trouble activating Windows 10 after hardware changes

Trouble activating Windows 10 after hardware changes: I'm having a lot of trouble reactivating my Windows 10 digital (?) license. I originally took the offer for the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 back in 2016 and had been using my purchased Windows 8 key for Windows 10 activation. However, several months ago a power surge...
  10. Troubles Activating Windows 10

Troubles Activating Windows 10: Recently I replaced my motherboard and after it had been replaced I noticed that Windows was telling me to activate it on the bottom right of the screen. I had windows 10 before I replaced my motherboard and now that I try to go through the troubleshooting process of trying...