Windows 10: Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

Discus and support Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently changed motherboards and am having trouble activating windows 10 on PC. Im currently on my new PC. Windows is installed, but not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dgibred, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

I recently changed motherboards and am having trouble activating windows 10 on PC. Im currently on my new PC. Windows is installed, but not activated. I quadruple checked everything (I thought) on my previous computer. I had a retail license and under the activation details it had said digitally linked.

Now that I’m on new PC, I’ve signed into Microsoft account and cannot upgrade windows. I can see my old device, as well as my new one, listed in the “devices” section. I just got disconnected from the support line after 2 transfers to the incorrect team, finally being disconnected after 45 McIntyre hold. I’m beyond frustrated and would rather not deal with the outsourced support team that has been far from helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/dgibred
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dgibred, Mar 15, 2021
  2. VisioWL Win User

Windows 10 not activated after motherboard swap

Hi,

I've ran into interesting problem after swapping out my computer's motherboard. The old motherboard contained a windows 8.1 pro key in the bios and the computer was upgraded to window 10 pro. After I swapped out the motherboard, the old one was fried, and
    put the new one in, I can't activate windows anymore.

The new motherboard contains a new windows 8.1 key but is there a way to activate it? Or do i simply have to reinstall windows 10?

Best regards.

VisioWL, Mar 15, 2021
  3. ScottMix1 Win User
    cant activate windows after motherboard swap

I had to swap motherboards on my windows 10 computer. It's a free upgrade version from windows 7 pro. When I attempt mto activate the windows license, I get the following error:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

How do go about getting my OS activated?

ScottMix1, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Cameron_W Win User

Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

Windows not Reactivating after Motherboard Swap

Hey everyone, I just swapped out my motherboard on my computer and got the activate windows message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Before replacing my motherboard, I had a Windows 10 Pro license. The troubleshooter doesn't seem to allow me
    to re-activate windows and I cannot replace the new motherboard with the old one as it broke and I do not have it anymore. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated as someone is picking up this computer tomorrow.

Thanks.

Cameron_W, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

1. Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap. - Similar Threads - Trouble activating pro

2. Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.: Hello I bought a PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I set up PC and activated/linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. A few moths later I upgraded my Motherboard and I wanted to make sure Windows 10 was activated on new MOBO to avoid any issues, problem is the " I...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap

Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap: I recently installed a new motherboard and now unable to active my genuine digital copy of Windows 10 Home. I've followed the troubleshooting recommendations all to no avail; it tells me, "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  4. Trouble Activating Windows after Motherboard Change

Trouble Activating Windows after Motherboard Change: I recently switched out my motherboard because the previous one got bricked due to a power surge. After setting up my my computer with my new motherboard my windows notified me that I needed to activate windows. I have had an activated windows since Windows 8.1 and upgraded...
  5. WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC motherboard and am having some issues activating Windows. Before I upgraded, I linked my Windows digital license to my Microsoft account hoping that this would prevent any issues. However, when I booted up after replacing the motherboard,...
  6. Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.

Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.: I had an old computer that originally had windows 7 installed from a disc that I upgraded to windows 10 a while ago. Today I upgraded its motherboard ,ram and cpu and now windows 10 wont re activate. I am logged onto the same Microsoft account that I used and it originally...
  7. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap

Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently change my motherboard and now I am receiving an activation error: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213." I have tried the "Troubleshoot" option along with the "I changed hardware on this device recently"...
  9. windows 10 activatation after motherboard swap

windows 10 activatation after motherboard swap: I recently got a new motherboard for my pc, but when I booted up windows I didn't have an activation license, I ran the troubleshooter, clicked on "I changed hardware recently, and it gave me the option to choose the PC I was currently on, it wasn't listed, only the PC with...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after swapping motherboards, says in Microsoft.com that it's...

Windows 10 will not activate after swapping motherboards, says in Microsoft.com that it's...: I just swapped from an MSI motherboard to Asus, and since then I cannot get Windows 10 to activate. I also changed the PC name from a generic name to something personalized, and while microsoft.com recognizes the computer name, OS version, etc for my digital licence Widows...