Windows 10: Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just downloaded the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from 7 Home - I keep getting a message saying I need to Activate Windows. Activation fails saying I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mcdonaldm, Sep 4, 2019.

1. mcdonaldm Win User

Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro

I just downloaded the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from 7 Home - I keep getting a message saying I need to Activate Windows. Activation fails saying I have no product key, there is no product key in my order email....where can I find it?

:)

mcdonaldm, Sep 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Sep 4, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro

1. Trouble activating Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Trouble activating Pro

2. Trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi,I am having issues activiating windows 10 pro.I purchased this through the Microsoft store with a digital licence which worked but a few months ago this seemed to become undone as the computer is displaying “activate windows” in the bottom right hand side of the screen see...
  3. trouble with windows 10 activating

trouble with windows 10 activating: hello,i have trouble with windows 10 activating. i dont know how to activate it and e.c.t. I need help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-windows-10-activating/1e643ecc-8fa8-44db-be01-e2f0b7645648
  4. Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.: I recently changed motherboards and am having trouble activating windows 10 on PC. Im currently on my new PC. Windows is installed, but not activated. I quadruple checked everything (I thought) on my previous computer. I had a retail license and under the activation details...
  5. Trouble activating windows 10 pro :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble activating windows 10 pro :(: So I have an non-genuine copy of windows 10 pro and decided to buy one(and the code is authentic) for like 15$ on another site instead of 230$~ on the microsoft store. And when I try to change the product key It’s not able to activate because when I’ve had previous versions...
  6. Trouble activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble activating Windows 10: I've just recently built another PC and installed Windows 10 but can't seem to activate it. Getting error code 0xC0EA000A. The product key I have been using is from a copy of Windows 7 I bought years ago but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free and linked it to my...
  7. Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Trouble activating my recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Today, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, purchasing it from the Microsoft Store and downloading it to my computer. The installation seems to have been successful, but in Settings>Updates and Security>Activation it says that it has not been activated. Troubleshooting is no help...
  8. Windows 10 activation trouble

Windows 10 activation trouble: I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard, and now I have a transparent notification to Activate Windows. After Troubleshooting, I simply get the error of "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Windows is working fine otherwise, the notification is...
  9. Trouble activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble activating windows 10: I recently had a MB die and I got a replacement with a new CPU. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows 10. I'm currently unable to activate it and there's no option to add a microsoft account in the activation window in settings. I got windows 10 through the free...
  10. Troubles Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles Activating Windows 10: Recently I replaced my motherboard and after it had been replaced I noticed that Windows was telling me to activate it on the bottom right of the screen. I had windows 10 before I replaced my motherboard and now that I try to go through the troubleshooting process of trying...