Windows 10: Trouble activating Windows 10?

Discus and support Trouble activating Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to activate Windows on my computer but I can't do it, I have a product key, the only option I saw to type it in was "Change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LizzyBridge, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Trouble activating Windows 10?

Hello, I have been trying to activate Windows on my computer but I can't do it, I have a product key, the only option I saw to type it in was "Change product key" and it said my product key isn't valid which I don't understand because my Windows is fully paid for.

I have clicked "Troubleshoot" and it said "Something interrupted our troubleshooting" with the error code 0x80070006.

I spoke to a bot who told me to type "SLUI 04" into Start and enter my country or region UK, it then gave me my Installation ID. I typed my Installation ID into the chat, after that, the bot said it was having a technical problem and to come back later.

I've put a screenshot of what my settings screen says below, can anyone help me with this problem? I've tried to include as much information as possible.

Trouble activating Windows 10? 207b591a-8a4b-4269-af27-73645a4bed33?upload=true.png

:)

LizzyBridge, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Trouble activating Windows 10?

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Trouble activating Windows 10?

1. Trouble activating Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Trouble activating

2. Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.: I recently changed motherboards and am having trouble activating windows 10 on PC. Im currently on my new PC. Windows is installed, but not activated. I quadruple checked everything (I thought) on my previous computer. I had a retail license and under the activation details...
  3. trouble activating new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trouble activating new pc: I set up a new pc hoping I could use my old pc's activation but having trouble getting windows to activate. I Removing the activation from my old pc and removed it from my microsoft account but my key wont activate on my new pc.I have my old windows 10 key and my even older...
  4. Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working: I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while now. At first the activation error code displayed was 0xC004F074 but it recently changed to 0x8007007B. Troubleshooting says...
  5. Windows activation troubles

Windows activation troubles: I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while now. At first the activation error code displayed was 0xC004F074 but it recently changed to 0x8007007B. Troubleshooting says...
  6. Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...

Trouble activating a legitimate product key for Windows 10 on a new build pc that had...: My son and his friends built a PC yesterday, and installed Windows 10 Pro using a friend's USB. We decided it would be best to have our own legitimate Windows 10, so we purchased Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store and downloaded it. The activation key is not accepted....
  7. Trouble re-activating Windows 10 Home after hardware upgrade

Trouble re-activating Windows 10 Home after hardware upgrade: I recently swapped out the motherboard and boot drive on my PC and need to re-activate my Windows 10 Home license. Naturally, the first thing I tried was my product key. I left my Windows 10 packaging at my parents' house though, so before I upgraded I used ProduKey to find...
  8. Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation

Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation: I recently installed a new Hard Drive in my Dell Latitude E6540. After Installing Windows I was prompted to activate, and went through the process of running troubleshoot, and 'I changed hardware on this device recently.' The device options do not include the device I'm...
  9. troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?): Dear all, thanks in advance to anyone who will help. I recently had to change MOBO due to stupid me pouring tea on top of my desktop. I brought it to a computer shop who seems to have been very transparent and competent. The computer had everything installed already, but I...
  10. Troubles with activation

Troubles with activation: Hello, I recently changed my CPU and my motherboard power supply took out my motherboard unfortunately and since I changed hardware I am having a hard time reactivating windows. I have tried to follow the windows settings in order to activate, receiving error code:...