Windows 10: Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...

Discus and support Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed motherboards and hard drives. I moved everything from my old hard drive by creating a system image on an external drive, then using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carter138, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Carter138 Win User

Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...

I recently changed motherboards and hard drives. I moved everything from my old hard drive by creating a system image on an external drive, then using the repair installation feature when installing Windows on the new drive. I have been asked to activate Windows, but unfortunately cannot find my product key. I used the "I changed hardware on this device recently" option in the troubleshooter, but it always says the servers are unavailable my internet connection is fine, everything else is working perfectly. I'm not sure what to do, I have a legit version of Windows 10 Pro I believe it was o

:)

Carter138, Jan 13, 2022
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Graf Dyon Win User

Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code... - Similar Threads - Trouble activating upgrading

2. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  3. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  4. Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...: I recently changed motherboards and hard drives. I moved everything from my old hard drive by creating a system image on an external drive, then using the repair installation feature when installing Windows on the new drive. I have been asked to activate Windows, but...
  5. Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble activating Windows after upgrading motherboard and changing hard drives Error code...: I recently changed motherboards and hard drives. I moved everything from my old hard drive by creating a system image on an external drive, then using the repair installation feature when installing Windows on the new drive. I have been asked to activate Windows, but...
  6. Activation After Change of Hard Drive

Activation After Change of Hard Drive: I have just purchased a new SSD hard drive for my PC and have successfully created a boot DVD using the Media Creation Tool. I am about to install Windows 10 Pro to my aging Dell Vostro 430. Under "Activation" in "Settings" it states "Windows is activated with a digital...
  7. Trouble Activating Windows after Motherboard Change

Trouble Activating Windows after Motherboard Change: I recently switched out my motherboard because the previous one got bricked due to a power surge. After setting up my my computer with my new motherboard my windows notified me that I needed to activate windows. I have had an activated windows since Windows 8.1 and upgraded...
  8. Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive

Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive: Trying to Activate windows 10 after motherboard and hard drive change Kept getting “unable to activate message” after trying several times. So, went into my Microsoft account and found I had 2 computers listed i.e. my old motherboards and my new motherboard so seeing that...
  9. Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard

Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard: I have windows 10 version 1803 with digital licence through free upgrade from win 7 I replaced a broken motherboard with an identical new model can't activate - error code 0xC004F025 went step by step through activation/troubleshoot - after a few trys [server not...
  10. Having trouble activating windows after changing motherboards

Having trouble activating windows after changing motherboards: I RMAed my motherboard a month ago and I'm finally getting around to putting my PC back together. I reinstalled windows with the disk and everything was going smoothly until after a few hours of use the activate windows watermark appeared on my screen. I went to activation...