Windows 10: trouble adding an email account to outlook

Discus and support trouble adding an email account to outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Denise2JO, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Denise2JO Win User

trouble adding an email account to outlook

I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information and it asks for the password that my internet service provides. I only have the WIFI Password. Is that the same thing?

:)

Denise2JO, Aug 16, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    trouble adding an email account to outlook [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2019
  4. trouble adding an email account to outlook

Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

A couple of days ago I upgraded my HP Pavilion TS15 Laptop OS from the free MS Windows 10 Home version, with a purchased 2013 version of Windows 10 Professional. MS Office 2013 came with the package, and that included the email application, Outlook 2013.

I have four x email accounts - 1 x Outlook.com, I x Gmail and 2 x Hotmail., and after the upgrade decided to add all to Outlook 2013. The Outlook and 1 x Hotmail accounts were set up/added without any problems, including keeping their own folders.

However, at some point while adding 1 x Hotmail and the Gmail accounts, I appear to have accidentally linked the two accounts together. The folders lists that appear under each added account are exactly the same - as though both email accounts have been completely merged together, including the folder lists. In essence, all the folders in the Gmail account have been added to the Hotmail account folders list, and all folders from the Hotmail account have been included and added into the Gmail folders list...

Receiving emails difficulties: If an email comes in addressed to my Gmail account, the exact same email is also delivered to the Hotmail account, and vice versa. Additionally, if I prepare and send an email from one of the accounts - say the Hotmail account, then the same email is also sent from the other linked Gmail account. Everything to do with these two emails is automatically duplicated.

Sending emails difficulties: What is also most frustrating is that any email I send from either of the two rogue accounts, the end result is that the intended recipient gets two identical emails, one from each of the two linked accounts.

I need to somehow un-link the two email accounts from each other, to restore their original individual setup and folders/content lists.

sassofalco, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

trouble adding an email account to outlook

1. trouble adding an email account to outlook - Similar Threads - trouble adding email

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Trouble adding debit card to account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble adding debit card to account: Whenever I try to add my debit card to my account it gives me this arrow code "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." although I was able to add my card on my other account i added my card to my other account a while ago and i had the same issue...
  5. Trouble adding debit card to account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble adding debit card to account: Whenever I try to add my debit card to my account it gives me this arrow code "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." although I was able to add my card on my other account i added my card to my other account a while ago and i had the same issue...
  6. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  7. Live Account Email troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Account Email troubles: My live.com email account won't allow me access on my pc. It's pinned on the task bar and when I click on it, it won't come up. After I click on it, it either won't do anything or the icon will disappear. When I pull it up in the search bar at the bottom left of my screen, I...
  8. Account email troubles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account email troubles: A while ago, I made a post on the form when I deleted my Microsoft account while still logged in with it on my PC and there were many troubles with that- I just converted it to a local account and I later ended up changing my current Microsoft account's email to the account I...
  9. Adding email address to Outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding email address to Outlook: I have been successfully using Outlook in Office 365 for all my email accounts for many years. Suddenly last Wednesday Outlook stopped downloading email from my Hotmail account. I am being told I have to use Windows Hello to sign on to my Hotmail account. My computer does...
  10. outlook - trouble sending an email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook - trouble sending an email: Several times recently after composing an email and attaching several attachments, I received this message: "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the message persists, restart Outlook". I have an email I am trying to send right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. having troubles adding account to outlook

2. when I go to outlook it says create free account - I already have outlook

3. trouble adding email accounts to outlook