Windows 10: Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

Discus and support Trouble Adding New Hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARAMP1, Nov 19, 2020.

1. ARAMP1 Win User

Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems.

I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing.

I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also Uninstall Device in Device Manager and tried to re-add. I've also tried to add it to another Windows 10 machine with the same results. The disk appears to be spinning/powering up correctly.

The drive is new. It's never been formatted. It is showing up in the BIOS of both machines.

Any ideas?

:)

ARAMP1, Nov 19, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 19, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Trouble Adding Hard

2. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  3. Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation: I recently installed a new Hard Drive in my Dell Latitude E6540. After Installing Windows I was prompted to activate, and went through the process of running troubleshoot, and 'I changed hardware on this device recently.' The device options do not include the device I'm...
  4. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive: I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?...
  5. Trouble with hard drives and boot drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with hard drives and boot drives: I've recently built a pc with a 120gb ssd and a 6tb hard drive. My goal was to have my system and boot drive on my ssd and then use the 6tb as storage, but when I installed windows the boot drive went onto my hard drive. Because it has been partitioned as an MBR drive I only...
  6. Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive

Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive: Hi there. I'm trying to connect a Seagate External Hard Drive to my PC but am having some issues. Hard Drive: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQJBSQL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Drive seems to start up when I plug in the USB cable but I can't...
  7. New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install: My 3 year old HP laptop hard drive failed. Bought a new SSD and installed. Created a Windows 10 usb boot instal flash drive. Laptop booted to flash drive and appears to install Windows 10. Laptop reboots after install and i get Cortana asking me my Region and keyboard...
  8. Trouble adding new files

Trouble adding new files: Every time I try to add a new file folder by right clicking the mouse and selecting new file the wheel of death starts and the computer freezes up or goes blank and returns to the main screen with no results. Any ideas on what to do would be appreciated....
  9. Trouble Accessing External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Accessing External Hard drive: I just got an external hard drive for my computer from a friend and I am trying to format the drive to clear the previous data. The drive will not show in file explorer but when I go to devices in settings it shows that it is connected. I cannot even access any data that is...
  10. Partitions added on hard drive

Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...