Windows 10: Trouble after anniversary update

Discus and support Trouble after anniversary update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neerajgs, Aug 16, 2016.

1. neerajgs Win User

Trouble after anniversary update

Hello friends:

I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates.

However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then open one of the last accessed files.

Second the Windows.old folder doesn't get deleted and it's taking up valuable hard disk space. I tried disk cleanup but it doesn't show up in there.

Please help.

Thank you.

:)

neerajgs, Aug 16, 2016
  2. MKNIC Win User

windows 10 anniversary

I was having trouble with my monitor randomly going to sleep after updating si i rolled back to other version when they fix the problem will i be able to update to anniversary again.

MKNIC, Aug 16, 2016
  3. windows 10: blank dialog boxes plank popup menus

I have the same trouble after Anniversary update of Windows 10 on my Desktop. It is maddening and slow. I do not show AI 3 as being installed on my computer.

FuctioningMortal, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

Hello,

What application are you talking about? Microsoft Excel? Does re-pinning not help?

About your problem with the Windows.old folder, check out this tutorial and see if it has a solution.

Dropbox, Aug 16, 2016
  5. neerajgs Win User
    Hi...and thank you for the lightning fast response. Appreciate it.

I'm afraid I expressed myself wrongly.

I was referring to the "most used" applications above the start button when one clicks on it and not on the pinned tiles on the right side under "Life at a glance".

Under the most used, I see excel. But earlier, when I'd take the cursor there, it'd open up the list of recent accessed excel files. Now it doesn't and I to open excel then the desired file. And this is bothering and irritating me.

Thanks.

neerajgs, Aug 16, 2016
  6. Dropbox Win User
    Hello,

Not sure what you exactly mean about the start, can you make a screenshot of it, also if you right click on Excel in the start menu it will open the history.

I'm not sure if you can get it back with the left mouse button only, but does it help you for the most recent stuff?

Dropbox, Aug 16, 2016
  7. neerajgs Win User
    Yup...the right click did it...thanks a ton... Trouble after anniversary update :)

neerajgs, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Dropbox Win User

Awesome! Good that the solution has been resolved.

Dropbox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Trouble anniversary update

2. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  3. Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in after the Anniversary update: The screen goes black then returns me to sign in... 58388
  4. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  5. Things broken after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Things broken after Anniversary update: Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build 1607 (had to wait until it completed so I could go to sleep - went to bed at 4:25 am) notification appeared and said Daemon...
  6. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Zero battery after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Zero battery after Anniversary update: It may not be connected of course, but soon after the Anniversary update the battery of my new Cube tablet PC started draining. Battery apps reported that it was charging, and the charging notification light continued to flash, but the level fell to zero and the computer...
  9. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  10. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...