Windows 10: Trouble after installing RAM

Discus and support Trouble after installing RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit, Recently updated an old 2011 Sony vaio laptop to use for REVIT Building Software for college. I put in a new SSD, Installed windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Actual-Vermicelli-74, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Trouble after installing RAM

Hi Reddit,

Recently updated an old 2011 Sony vaio laptop to use for REVIT Building Software for college. I put in a new SSD, Installed windows 10 pro and also added an extra 4GB or ram (it was single channel 4gb now it's duel channel 4x2)

However when rendering my drawings, I noticed in performance tab of task manager it max's out at gb of ram, even though it literally says "4gb of 8gb" why is my system bit using all the ram available?

submitted by /u/Actual-Vermicelli-74
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Actual-Vermicelli-74, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Trouble after installing RAM :D

DrunkenMafia, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Trouble after installing RAM

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Trouble after installing RAM

1. Trouble after installing RAM - Similar Threads - Trouble installing RAM

2. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles: I've been having IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL windows 11 bluescreens for a while and can't find a way to fix it.Here are the methods I've tried:-windows memory diagnostic multiple times-every recommended cmd prompt command I've found although I'm happy to do more-automatically and...
  3. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles: I've been having IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL windows 11 bluescreens for a while and can't find a way to fix it.Here are the methods I've tried:-windows memory diagnostic multiple times-every recommended cmd prompt command I've found although I'm happy to do more-automatically and...
  4. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  5. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  6. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM: Hi,I have been running this PC on 2x8gb 2666 MHz and installed 2x8gb 3200MHz yesterday evening.Ever since I have been running into occasional BSODs with the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error and Ntfs.sys listed as the failure.Any idea on how I can remedy this issue while...
  7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after installing new RAM: Hi,I have been running this PC on 2x8gb 2666 MHz and installed 2x8gb 3200MHz yesterday evening.Ever since I have been running into occasional BSODs with the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error and Ntfs.sys listed as the failure.Any idea on how I can remedy this issue while...
  8. BlueScreen after installing 2nd RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen after installing 2nd RAM: helo, you can call me vin i have issue after installing ram : my spec : Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT R5586T R5 3550H RAM 8GB HDD 1TB GTX 1650 4G 2nd new Ram : 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2400T-SA0-10 M471A1K3CB1-CRC 2105 samsung made in korea it's compatible RAM 2400mhz, it's shown on...
  9. No screen displayed after RAM install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No screen displayed after RAM install: Hello I have a sony laptop that has 4gb ram already installed. I have another 4gb RAM, but the difference is that the one i have already in the system is blue, ddr3, kingston. And the one im installing into the system is green, ddr3, samsung. They are both the same speeds...
  10. Trouble after motherboard installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble after motherboard installation: Hello all i recently decided to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and ram to newer components. i have a: i5 10600k 16 GB ballistix ram asus tuf z490 plus for some reason after going to bios i set csm to legacy since on my initial save/exit it rebooted and i lost signal to my...