Windows 10: Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10

Discus and support Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I receive and error when I am backing up my files. The error is that I must be an administrator to copy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lana_771, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Lana_771 Win User

Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I receive and error when I am backing up my files. The error is that I must be an administrator to copy the files.

I never received this error until after I upgraded to Windows 10.

I am copying the files to an external drive. I updated the user account settings security and am now able to backup Documents, Music and Pictures, but I cannot backup the program files or anything else without getting this error. What setting in Windows do I need to change to be able to copy files?

I need to be able to backup the software that I have installed on my desktop.

:)

Lana_771, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10

1. Trouble Backing up folders after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble Backing folders

2. Windows 10 keeps getting troubles after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps getting troubles after installation: Recently, i have been trying to install windows 10 on my linux i removed linux so when booted it will only boot windows laptop so my family can use it. Now here's the problem: after less than a week of installation, there is always a problem that caused my laptop to become...
  3. Windows 10 keeps getting troubles after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps getting troubles after installation: Recently, i have been trying to install windows 10 on my linux i removed linux so when booted it will only boot windows laptop so my family can use it. Now here's the problem: after less than a week of installation, there is always a problem that caused my laptop to become...
  4. Windows 10 keeps getting troubles after installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  6. Windows 10 install trouble

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install trouble: So I recently ran into sone troubke after installing AMDs chipset drivers and my pc would no longer boot without blue screening. So i took the liberty of trying to reinstall Windows but a new problem occurred. During the install when it reatarts i get an error that pops up...
  7. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...
  8. Back-up not accepting folders

Back-up not accepting folders: When I try to add folders to auto back-up, I go Add folder, then I get the spin circle, then it stays as it was before. The folder is not added to the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-not-accepting-folders/f38881e7-25a5-4f64-bba9-7554286c4e58
  9. Files not backing up but folders are.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not backing up but folders are.: OneDrive seems to be working correctly but in my picture directory, the folders are there but all of them are empty. Pictures are still in the folders on the local computer. How can I make OneDrive attempt to sync again? It syncs without errors but not updating the folders....
  10. Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back: Hello Recently upgraded to w10 from w8.1 via the upgrade option, then proceeded to make a USB boot with w10 and performed a clean install. However, something is fishy with my system and w10 so for now i want to revert back to w8.1 via a clean install of w8.1 When i...