Windows 10: Trouble booting after reset.

Discus and support Trouble booting after reset. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, apologies if this isn’t allowed, but I’m in quite a pickle at the moment. Trying to sell my old alienware pc, and did a factory reset, only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaneleblanc, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Trouble booting after reset.

Hi all, apologies if this isn’t allowed, but I’m in quite a pickle at the moment. Trying to sell my old alienware pc, and did a factory reset, only to get stuck in what i assume is a boot loop. Mine seems a little different than what i found online, as it gets to the windows loading screen, says restarting, then goes back to my BIOS screen. Rinse, repeat, over and over again. I’ve tried the old “hard reset 3 times” to get to the windows recovery environment, but that won’t work at all. It just keeps bringing me back the the BIOS then to the Windows, then restarting. Anyone have any insight as to what the issue may be?

submitted by /u/kaneleblanc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaneleblanc, Jun 8, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 8, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Trouble booting after reset.

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Trouble booting after reset.

1. Trouble booting after reset. - Similar Threads - Trouble booting reset

2. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  3. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  4. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble booting after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble booting after crash: i have a onn. laptop its a 2019 laptop and when i was gonna play on it and it frozed and so i reseted it and when it was starting up it crashed and went to the american megernts Whatever you call it PLS HELP AND RESPOND** original title: :< **...
  6. Trouble booting after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble booting after crash: i have a onn. laptop its a 2019 laptop and when i was gonna play on it and it frozed and so i reseted it and when it was starting up it crashed and went to the american megernts Whatever you call it PLS HELP AND RESPOND** original title: :< **...
  7. Trouble booting after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Trouble after a reset

Trouble after a reset: I recently tried to do a reset on my laptop. I let it go overnight and when I come back the next morning the laptop was off. So now when I turn it on I get the error message that my pc can't start and it automatically takes me to the windows recovery. From here I have tried...
  9. Trouble booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trouble booting: Most of the time when i boot up my computer the screen will not turn on the keyboard & mouse light up and what i presume is the motherboard as it does not have built in speakers beeps once if i keep turning the computer off and on again eventually the screen comes on the...
  10. Trouble after windows reset

Trouble after windows reset: So, i reset my pc through the windows settings menu. To be more specific : settings > update & security > recovery > reset this pc > remove everything > all drives > just remove my files. Its not the first time i reset a pc, so i let it do its job. When it finally finished...