Windows 10: Trouble booting my computer

Discus and support Trouble booting my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having trouble changing the boot mode to legacy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shakrndra Huff, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Trouble booting my computer

I'm having trouble changing the boot mode to legacy.

:)

Shakrndra Huff, Aug 10, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 10, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Trouble booting my computer

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Trouble booting my computer

1. Trouble booting my computer - Similar Threads - Trouble booting computer

2. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  3. Trouble repairing my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble repairing my computer: I had to download VMware to be able to get SPSS statistics and in doing so had to restart my computer. All of a sudden my computer needed to be repaired which is frustrating cause I’m just downloading something. It’s saying automatic repairs couldn’t repair my pc. I’ve tried...
  4. Trouble logging on to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble logging on to my computer: I am having trouble getting Windows Hello to let me log in to my computer. I've set up a Pin, Hello Face and fingerprint options so I can login when I am at the lock/login screen but none of those work or even appear as options.When I reach the login screen the box asks for...
  5. Troubles booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubles booting: Hi everyone, Recently I formatted my hard drive, and am trying to reinstall windows 10 onto said hard drive, I've downloaded the creation tool (windowscreationtool20h2) and run it unto a 32GB USB and have tried to boot from USB using bios by putting the USB as the first...
  6. Computer having troubles booting into OS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer having troubles booting into OS.: Hey guys, I bought a Medion Akoya P40000 from Aldi, it worked perfectly for the two years the warranty came with and now it's having problems, it has no longer got any warranty left and I am hoping that I can fix this myself. One day it went into sleep and didn't wake up, I...
  7. Trouble logging in to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble logging in to my computer: Hope you can help me. I have a laptop and it has a pin. My problem is, it keeps on asking me my Microsoft password. I already changed it and the I input my current password but it keeps on saying my password is incorrect. I have this reset button in my laptop and I tried to...
  8. Trouble booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trouble booting: Most of the time when i boot up my computer the screen will not turn on the keyboard & mouse light up and what i presume is the motherboard as it does not have built in speakers beeps once if i keep turning the computer off and on again eventually the screen comes on the...
  9. Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Repair This Computer trouble: Hello there! My Dell XPS 13 computer crashed and was unable to boot, so I created a bootable USB of Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation tool and chose the USB from the boot menu at startup. I got to the Select Language menu, continued, and clicked the "Repair My...
  10. Boot trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot trouble: Hi a friend of mine fell for the Microsoft scam and let them in his computer...he caught on but it was too late by then. He started getting virus messages and rather than getting help just kept shutting down and restarting to clear the message until one day the computer could...