Windows 10: Trouble clearing space on my SSD

Discus and support Trouble clearing space on my SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some trouble removing unwanted games from one of my drives. I'd like to know how to remove games properly and/or failing that, how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustKempster, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Trouble clearing space on my SSD

Hi,

I'm having some trouble removing unwanted games from one of my drives. I'd like to know how to remove games properly and/or failing that, how to completely clear the drive so I can start again fresh.

I've tried going down the control panel, uninstall or remove programs route but I can't seem to find enough programs to uninstall to clear space for my new game. I'm also unable to remove the assassins creed odyssey which one of my family members installed when they owned the computer they've gifted the PC to me.

I've attached a couple of screenshots that shows that I'm unable to locate roughly 400GBs worth of data on my E drive - I'm only able to find a folder up to 100GB the other folders a few MBs.

Any recommendations and help will be greatly appreciated, thankyou!

Tom

:)

JustKempster, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Jday117 Win User

Clearing space from SSD

Hi, I recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from my SSD, and it said that it was uninstalled. It never cleared the space that the game was taking but the files are gone. I have tried absolutely everything I can find on how to find out if the game is still
    on my SSD or not, but I can't find the files. It should have cleared 50-60GB of space but didn't clear any.. Please can someone help.. The Online chat is a joke and will never connect me to anyone to talk to, and I can never get on the phone with them.

Jday117, Oct 31, 2020
  3. clear space in memory

Having trouble finding instructions for clearing space in memory

PatrickLeen, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Trouble clearing space on my SSD

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Trouble clearing space on my SSD

1. Trouble clearing space on my SSD - Similar Threads - Trouble clearing space

2. clearing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clearing space: How do I clear cookies and delete the cache from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-space/9e8451a0-8d17-45bc-909f-b1888c27bc9e
  3. clearing space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clearing space: How do I clear cookies and delete the cache from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-space/9e8451a0-8d17-45bc-909f-b1888c27bc9e
  4. Trying to clear space...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to clear space...: So im trying to clear up space and theres a file in "...Appdata/Local/Google/Chrome/Userdata/Default/Filesystem/002/P/01" called "00000103". Its 5 gb in size. What is it? Can I delete it? submitted by /u/International_Yard83 [link] [comments]...
  5. How to clear space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clear space: A few days ago, my computer started running really slowly but today i checked my storage and the temporary files section had skyrocketed to be 1.04 TB large. I did the disk clean that windows gives you but it barely freed up any space. I ran a malware scan and it came back...
  6. Clearing space from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clearing space from SSD: Hi, I recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from my SSD, and it said that it was uninstalled. It never cleared the space that the game was taking but the files are gone. I have tried absolutely everything I can find on how to find out if the game is still on my SSD or not, but...
  7. Clearing up space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing up space: I was prompted to clear up space on my computer for the new update to install. I follow the steps and click on the things I don't need and have been purging those items selected. I needed 8 GB and am purging 11 GB but my computer has ether stopped purging or this just takes...
  8. Clearing storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clearing storage space: I'm trying to clear up some space. I've cleared and deleted all unwanted files, the issue is when I open up my storage it indicates that 'temporary files' are taking up 4.25GB of space, yet when I open it up it shows only 50MB worth of data to clear. I have previously cleared...
  9. I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!: I have moved personal files to an external hard drive and do not know what else to do. Here are the screenshots of the information that I have. I have also completed a disk clean up and cleaned up system files. Is there anything else I can move or get rid of? Thank you in...
  10. Clearing browser and SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing browser and SSD: I am about to create a new installation of Windows 10 on a new SSD. Because of the nature of SSD's I want to make sure that temporary files, cache etc from programs like Microsoft Edge, Firefox, browsers and websites like YouTube etc NEVER go on the SSD. I am not meaning how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. justkempster