Windows 10: Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

Discus and support Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently bought a monitor to be able to increase my productivity while programming on my laptop. As soon as I set it up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PortugueseMan101, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a monitor to be able to increase my productivity while programming on my laptop.

As soon as I set it up and connected it to the laptop it went into "Power Saving Mode". I read on some sites that this is because my laptop is not sending anything to the monitor, so it does not transmit anything and enters this mode to save energy.

As soon as I realized this, I tried to understand why this happened and how to solve it. I think I read all the websites and saw all the videos that talked about the subject, I made all the resolutions that appeared to me check if the problem was with the HDMI cable or the monitor, update the drives, enable and disable the drives, install and uninstall the drives, put the laptop in high performance mode, change the sleep time settings, even reset - basically everything that came up.

I've been trying to solve the problem for 24 hours and nothing. Can someone help me?

My laptop - Lenovo IDEAPAD 720s - 15ikb

My monitor - Lenovo l24e - 20

Thanks in advance.

:)

PortugueseMan101, Aug 17, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 17, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

Connect laptop to monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

Regarding your query on how to connect your laptop to your monitor, we suggest to contact your manufacturer. Maybe one of the issue is your display adapter because you cannot connect to your monitor.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

1. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble connecting monitor

2. My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at...: My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at first. I restored the computer and now I can't turn that monitor off. Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire ES 15. I've looked in Settings and Contrpl panel....
  3. My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at...: My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at first. I restored the computer and now I can't turn that monitor off. Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire ES 15. I've looked in Settings and Contrpl panel....
  4. My laptop is connected to a monitor. I had no trouble turning the laptop monitor off at...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Trouble connecting projector to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble connecting projector to laptop: I am running Windows 11 on a Dell XPS 15 9500. I have been unable to get the projectors at church to connect via a HDMI cable to my laptop. I connect my laptop to my TV wirelessly with a wireless HDMI device plugged into the TV. I've tried Windows Key + P and Windows Key + K...
  6. Trouble connecting projector to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble connecting projector to laptop: I am running Windows 11 on a Dell XPS 15 9500. I have been unable to get the projectors at church to connect via a HDMI cable to my laptop. I connect my laptop to my TV wirelessly with a wireless HDMI device plugged into the TV. I've tried Windows Key + P and Windows Key + K...
  7. MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING

MULTIPLE WIRED MONITOR TROUBLE CONNECTING: TRYING TO CONNECT MY hp 21kd TO my hp laptop with a wire I go to start >settings>system>display then the only option is search for a wireless monitor which it never finds help please...
  8. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop: Hi everyone, Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have no internet access, even though I can surf through the net. I've tried to troubleshoot it and it shows me that I have to...
  9. trouble connecting desktop & laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble connecting desktop & laptop: Hello, I work as a caregiver, and am trying to get my client's laptop to talk to the desktop. I guess Windows 10 no longer has a homegroup, although it does come up in the WinExp sharing menu for sharing, for some reason. Anyway, I've got it to where the laptop & the desktop...
  10. Having trouble connecting my printer to my laptop

Having trouble connecting my printer to my laptop: how do I connect my printer to my laptop for wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-connecting-my-printer-to-my-laptop/41e12086-f6a3-41a4-aaef-aaafa4de2ecf