Windows 10: Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device

Discus and support Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth device doesn't have a pairing code, and the option to add it to a local network does not exist. Is there any way to connect a bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdourtled, Nov 24, 2018.

1. jdourtled Win User

Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device

My bluetooth device doesn't have a pairing code, and the option to add it to a local network does not exist. Is there any way to connect a bluetooth device without a pairing code or am I just screwed

:)

jdourtled, Nov 24, 2018

2. Trouble Connecting To Bluetooth Device

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the issue.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the device:

• Press Windows key
      + R to open Run.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter

• Locate Bluetooth Device.

• Right click on the device and select
      Uninstall.

• Also place a check mark beside the option
      “delete driver files for the device”.

• Restart the computer
    Windows should automatically try to find and install the appropriate driver on restart. In case if it fails to install the driver automatically. If that didn’t work try step 2.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the manufacture website and search for the latest Bluetooth drivers compatible with Windows 10 available for the device model and then install.

Hope the information helps. If you have any queries related to Windows. Feel free to post. We are here to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Trouble Connecting To Bluetooth Device

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This issue might occur if the Bluetooth service is turned off, or due to missing or incompatible Bluetooth Adapter driver or incorrect Bluetooth settings.

Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key to launch the Start screen/search box.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the new window, click View all on the left pane.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If issue persist, follow method 2

Method 2:Check for the
    Bluetooth service

I would you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type services.msc and press
      Ok
    • Find Bluetooth Support Service
    • Start it and set it as
      Automatic

If the issue persist, follow method 3

Method 3:Try to re-enable your Bluetooth device

It is also possible that the Airplane mode is
    On
    of your computer.

Airplane mode is a setting that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it's especially useful when you're on an airplane.
    Wireless communication includes Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, Bluetooth, GPS or GNSS, near field communication (NFC), and all other types of wireless communication.

Let’s check the settings.

• Open PC Settings
    • Select Network, and then
      Airplane mode.

If your Bluetooth device was previously paired, there should be an
    Enable Bluetooth switch. Switch it to On.

For more information check the links below:

Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-isnt-windows-finding-device

Setting up a Bluetooth device in the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/help/support/troubleshooting/mouse/wireless-bluetooth

Note: These articles are for Windows 8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

After checking all these things try to send files by following the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

• Right-click the Bluetooth icon in the Notification Area on the desktop.

The icon looks like the Bluetooth logo, shown in the margin. The Notification Area dwells on the far-right end of the taskbar.

• Choose Send a File from the pop-up menu.

• Choose your Android tablet from the list of Bluetooth devices.

If you don’t see the tablet listed, ensure that the Bluetooth radio is on for both devices and that they’re paired.

• Click the Next button.

• Click the Browse button to locate files to send to the tablet.

• Use the Browse dialog box to locate and select one or more files.

• Click the Open button to choose the file(s).

• Click the Next button.

The tablet may signal a notification alert, which lets you know that a file transfer is taking place.

• Touch the Accept button.

If you don’t see the Accept button, choose the Bluetooth Share: Incoming File notification.

• On the PC, touch the Finish button.

The transfer is complete.
    • On your Android tablet, you can pull down the notifications and choose the Bluetooth Share: Received Files notification. You’ll see the Inbound Transfers screen, which lists the file(s) downloaded. Choose a file from the list to examine it using the appropriate
      app.

• Images sent to the Android tablet from a PC can be found in the Gallery app, in the Bluetooth album.

• Not all PCs are equipped with Bluetooth. To add Bluetooth to a PC, you need a Bluetooth adapter. Inexpensive USB Bluetooth adapters are available at most computer and office supply stores.

Please do let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device

No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device

1. Trouble Connecting Bluetooth Device - Similar Threads - Trouble Connecting Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth devices not connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices not connecting.: Hi, when I try to pair bluetooth devices to my pc, it pops up in the devices screen where I can select what device to use. But when I try to connect it, all it does is load for very long and afterwards I get a message with: Try to connect the device again. I am in range of...
  3. Connection with bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connection with bluetooth device: I am trying to connect with my bluetooth neckband and earlier aftere connection, it used to show voice,music but now only music is getting connected but not not the voice. Basically Mic is not getting connected. I tried to connect my neckband with other device and it works...
  4. Bluetooth Device not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not connecting.: I performed a reset through cloud download of my HP Pavilion 15-dk0050tx Windows 10 Laptop from windows' settings app.After the reset, I observed that my laptop is unable to connect to my mobile through Bluetooth.So I tried a few things from "answers.microsoft.com".What I...
  5. Trouble with a bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble with a bluetooth device: I have eliminated a bluetooth device from settings, but when i want to add it again, my PC can't find that device and i don't know why. Please, someone who can help me....
  6. Bluetooth connection trouble

Bluetooth connection trouble: I am unable to connect Bluetooth headphones. When attempting - I do not see a place where I am able to turn on/off Bluetooth. When I do go to Bluetooth and other devices and click add Bluetooth or other device - it will not connect my headphones. I am unsure if Bluetooth...
  7. Trouble pairing bluetooth device

Trouble pairing bluetooth device: I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but...
  8. Trouble pairing bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble pairing bluetooth device: I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but...
  9. Trouble connecting to bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble connecting to bluetooth earbuds: I bought new wireless bluetooth earbuds (Jabra Elite 65t) and am trying to connect them to my Windows 10 PC. I bought a Plugable bluetooth USB adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Compatible-Raspberry/dp/B009ZIILLI And I have the latest drivers from...
  10. Bluetooth earbuds having trouble connecting

Bluetooth earbuds having trouble connecting: When I try to connect my earbuds to the laptop, it only connects voice, but not audio. I've found that I can fix it if I redo the pairing AND run the troubleshooter, but it stops working again every time I have to turn the earbuds off and on again. Is there a permanent fix to...