Windows 10: Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

Discus and support Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 on a moderately slow Wi-Fi connection so I often use the Hotspot to connect to the Internet. Sometimes it logs on right away, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sassycat41, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

Using Windows 10 on a moderately slow Wi-Fi connection so I often use the Hotspot to connect to the Internet. Sometimes it logs on right away, but often times, like this morning, the Hotspot doesn't show up when I open Network & Internet. I disconnect from the Wi-Fi connection but the Hotspot still doesn't show up. Why is it so erratic?? Any tips please? Thanks

:)

Sassycat41, Mar 16, 2021
  2. efarm212 Win User

connecting using cell phone hotspot

I have long successfully used the hotspot from my Verizon cell phone to connect to the internet. Got a new phone, set up its hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for a router PIN. There is no router none, just a cell phone. I enter its PIN and
    it says “Getting info from router” (which would be my cell phone) then immediately says “Windows cant get the network settings from the router.” Again – there’s no router, just a cell phone hotspot. How do I fix this? Thanks, David PS My HughesNet via its
    router still connects fine. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1803 5/16/18 OS Build 17134.48

efarm212, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Nedly1 Win User

Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Denis,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried something that I should have early in the troubleshooting process and placed the AT&T SIM from the LG K30 in an old ZTE Maven2 that I had lying around. Instant secured hotspot was provided for the Win10 laptop. Either the K30 is piece of junk or the Android Pi that the seller put in as a system does not allow hotspot secured connections. In any case the problem is definitely with the phone and not the Win10 computer so I will close this out.

Thanks for your time,

EW

Nedly1, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

1. Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone - Similar Threads - Trouble connecting Hotspot

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots: Im having a super annoying internet problem, logging onto hotel Wifis. we are on a long roadtrip across the USA, and everytime we enter a new hotel and try and connect to the hotel wifi, the laptop doesnt seem to connect. i try right clicking and Troubleshoot with no luck....
  5. Laptop Won't Connect to Phone Hotspot

Laptop Won't Connect to Phone Hotspot: Hi, my laptop has no problem connecting to regular wifi networks but whenever I attempt to connect to an iPhone hotspot I have tried to connect to different phones so I am pretty sure the phone is not the problem it says cannot connect to this network. Any idea on how to fix...
  6. Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot: So first time posting here and I’m a recent Mac convert to my Alienware I got about a month ago. I have an old crappy router so I bought a longer Ethernet cable to connect directly into my laptop. Fiddled with the settings and got the hotspot to work with my switch, but I...
  7. unable to connect hotspot to my phone

unable to connect hotspot to my phone: hi sir, actually there was a problem with my hotspot in windows 10.....I was unable to connect it to my phone . I asked this question yesterday and I have received the answers for that …… one of the sirs told to reset the network connections and I did that. THANK YOU SO MUCH...
  8. HP Pavilion x360 don’t want to connect with cell phone's Hotspot

HP Pavilion x360 don’t want to connect with cell phone's Hotspot: I recently bought an HP Pavilion x360. I can’t connect to my cell phone's Hotspot. I can see the connection available, but I don’t have internet. I have never had that problem with my previous laptop (it is currently connected). Somebody could help me?...
  9. Cell phone USB connection issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cell phone USB connection issues: Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437