Windows 10: Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Discus and support Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParnianYS, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ParnianYS Win User

Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Hi everyone,

Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have no internet access, even though I can surf through the net.

I've tried to troubleshoot it and it shows me that I have to sign up with my ISP to access the net. Never happened before!

Since I didn't have any problems before and it's only my laptop that shows "no internet connection" other devices connect to my phone with no problems at all, I thought something must be wrong with my laptop, so I reset the network settings but, no luck.

I tried to search the net for a solution but couldn't find any. Can anybody help me solve this, please?

By the way, I have a Sony VAIO VPCE model laptop running Windows 10 Home version 1909, and my phone is Samsung A3 2016 running android 7.0

Thanks in advance...

:)

ParnianYS, Mar 2, 2021

2. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Aongola,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Cannot Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Hi,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

1. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble connecting mobile

2. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working: Hi There!I enabled Mobile Hotspot on my HP Laptop through Ethernet connection. I can connect my iphone through WiFi but my connection says "No Internet Connection".I tried it also on Lenovo Laptop and it's the same error. My OS is Windows 10 ver 22H2.Please help.Thanks,***...
  3. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working: Hi There!I enabled Mobile Hotspot on my HP Laptop through Ethernet connection. I can connect my iphone through WiFi but my connection says "No Internet Connection".I tried it also on Lenovo Laptop and it's the same error. My OS is Windows 10 ver 22H2.Please help.Thanks,***...
  4. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My mobile hotspot is not connecting to my laptop whereas it is connecting to other laptops...

My mobile hotspot is not connecting to my laptop whereas it is connecting to other laptops...: I have tried band setting and some other settings like cmd update drivers and network adapters but it still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mobile-hotspot-is-not-connecting-to-my-laptop/fcd10fd2-2fa0-455f-a7c7-b3ac1843ee18
  6. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  7. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  8. my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot

my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot: I have an Asus laptop and it can't connect to my mobile hotspot but it can connect with my sister's laptop. Also, my laptop can connect with other people mobile hotspot but not with mine...
  9. Trouble with connecting to mobile internet hotspot on my asus zenbook ux334f flc laptop

Trouble with connecting to mobile internet hotspot on my asus zenbook ux334f flc laptop: Hello I have a trouble with pairing my zenbook laptop to any mobile phone internet! I cannot connect to any mobile hotspot and use internet! I can just connect to a local internet WiFi but cannot connect to mobile hotspot! On the phones It shows that laptop connected to...
  10. Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot: So first time posting here and I’m a recent Mac convert to my Alienware I got about a month ago. I have an old crappy router so I bought a longer Ethernet cable to connect directly into my laptop. Fiddled with the settings and got the hotspot to work with my switch, but I...