Windows 10: trouble connecting to wifi

Discus and support trouble connecting to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; we set up a stronger wifi router, every computer and devise is connected except one, it does not recognize the wifi name. I need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EstherAguilera, Feb 2, 2019.

1. trouble connecting to wifi

we set up a stronger wifi router, every computer and devise is connected except one, it does not recognize the wifi name. I need help

:)

EstherAguilera, Feb 2, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 2, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Feb 2, 2019
  4. trouble connecting to wifi

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

trouble connecting to wifi

1. trouble connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - trouble connecting wifi

2. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  3. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  4. Trouble connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to wifi: Wifi doesnt start when i boot up windows. While I'm using my laptop all of a sudden my wifi network gets disconnected intermittent connection requires to reset network adapter with windows troubleshoot to solve this but after a couple minutes or so this problem happens...
  5. Trouble with connecting to WiFi?

Trouble with connecting to WiFi?: So i just recently received my gaming computer. After trying to connect to my network, it told me it couldnt connect to the network. Heres what I have tried: Network Reset Troubleshooting the response I got told me I had no preferred networks Updating the Driver He told...
  6. Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots

Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots: Im having a super annoying internet problem, logging onto hotel Wifis. we are on a long roadtrip across the USA, and everytime we enter a new hotel and try and connect to the hotel wifi, the laptop doesnt seem to connect. i try right clicking and Troubleshoot with no luck....
  7. Trouble connecting to WIFI

Trouble connecting to WIFI: Hi community I recently clean installed windows 1809 in my pc. I am not able to get connected with networks. No available networks are shown. Only ethernet adapter is shown in sharing centre . Wifi adapter is not shown. Pls help....
  8. WiFi connection troubles

WiFi connection troubles: I have had troubles connecting with my WiFi recently. I have watched multiple tutorials and none have helped but I've narrowed down the problem I beleive. When I go to device manger and check network adapters there is no wireless option in there. I'm on an Asus f540la laptop....
  9. Trouble connecting to wifi

Trouble connecting to wifi: Having some issues connecting to wifi. My computer won't detect any available networks. When I try enabling the wifi from control panel, it does not work. I have tried running network diagnostics and I get the message 'there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi...
  10. Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi

Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi: Lately, I have been having some major issues with connecting to my home wifi. Within the last week I have updated my PC to the latest build (version: 1709, build: 16299.125). Whenever I boot my computer, its like a roll of the dice if it ends up connecting to the wifi...