Windows 10: Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

Discus and support Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maggiedannreuther, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't let me right click to copy and I have to start over again. When I try to highlight an entire sentence within a paragraph, the highlighting won't stop and continues to highlight the entire text on the page. Also, for all other functions that requires me to click on something, I have to click many times to finally get what I need. Things I've tried: adjusted setting of my mouse and restarted. Checked that I have latest windows 10 update. This feature is CRITICAL to my work and is driving me crazy.

:)

maggiedannreuther, Jun 6, 2019
  2. lffoar Win User

trouble with copy and paste

Don't use it, it has always caused me problems in the past.

lffoar, Jun 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    trouble with copy and paste

Does CTRL-V still work to paste a jpg file?
    Do you mean you can use the context Copy, Paste on a txt file, for example, but not a jpg?

I understand you're saying the rt click paste is only greyed out if you've a jpg in the scratchpad buffer.

Here:
    Windows 10 - Paste greyed out in windows explorer - Microsoft Community

it was found Paste worked in Safe Mode but not otherwise. Please check if that's true in your case.
    This suggests something in normal mode was conflicting with it.

Have you made any recent changes?

Could you try using a System Restore point, if any are available?

dalchina, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

1. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text - Similar Threads - Trouble copy pasting

2. Annoying clicking sound when copy pasting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying clicking sound when copy pasting: Every time I copy and paste there is a clicking sound effect that drives me insane. I literally just bought windows 10 pro cuz somewhere it said it has something to do with my personalization but i still cant fix it. Can someone help me?...
  3. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  4. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  5. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  6. Copy Paste Arabic Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Paste Arabic Text: HI Team, after the recent update of windows 10 , if i am trying to copy pate arabic text it gets shifted to be ?????????? any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-arabic-text/487f45c7-5f07-43fb-8a55-24e4bf91aa0e
  7. Restrict Copy/paste To text only

Restrict Copy/paste To text only: Hey, Is there any way in microsoft windows 10 by which we can restrict copy/paste to text only. I have a requirement to block everything from copy/paste except text. I want to implement this on one of machines placed in cloud and want to allow copy/paste only text...
  8. trouble with copy and paste

in Windows 10 Support
    trouble with copy and paste: Hi all, I have copied a calendar jpg using the snipping tool and have previously used edit - draw board and inserted an ellipse or circle to signify special dates. Today it won't work. C&P works everywhere else but no more on that jpg nor any other jpg's on my comp. I can...
  9. Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops

Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops: Hi, I am unable to Copy (Ctrl+C) a text from any application (e.g. Chrome website) and Paste (Ctrl+V) it in another application (e.g. OneNote) IF IT IS IN ANOTHER VIRTUAL DESKTOP (VD). If I move the destination application in the source application VD then it is working...
  10. Copy/paste text using two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Copy/paste text using two monitors: Hi folks! If this is not in the right forum, please change. Txs. If I add a monitor to my laptop though an HDMI port, is it possible to have separate documents on each monitor, and copy/paste from one to another? If so, how is this done? Thanks for your help. CB...