Windows 10: trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

Discus and support trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ruggb, Dec 6, 2021.

1. ruggb Win User

trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS DENIED error.All the files copied b4 that appear to copy OK. XCOPY stops at the error, but COPY will continue with the rest of the copy commands.It ran many times with one particular file giving the error so I thought it was the file name, but then it changed which file gave the error. It has nothing to do with the file

:)

ruggb, Dec 6, 2021
  2. ruggb Win User

access denied to .BAT file

I did a clean install of 1809 as I was having some issues no one had an answer for.

In the process 1903 was released so I updated.

I had to reinstall a program that was working in 1809.

It is run inside a BAT file that first accesses my NAS to copy data files.

The BAT file is getting an ACCESS DENIED error when attempting the copy.

The BAT file has not changed.

The BAT file is run as admin.

I can access the NAS via File Explorer and Office 16 programs (Excel).

I can access the NAS via the web.

I have created a Windows certificate for the NAS.

The file locations on the NAS have not changed.

The files on the NAS are not open or locked as I can copy them using FE.

I guess I could copy even if they were locked.

How do I make this work again?

ruggb, Dec 6, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file - Similar Threads - trouble copying NAS

2. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  3. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  4. Unable to copy Mac originated files from Btrfs NAS to windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Mac originated files from Btrfs NAS to windows: I have jpg 614kb image that came via a Mac. Drag and drop from Synology volume to anywhere on win10 or win11 causes error "file is no longer there"I asked over at Synology forum but have not got answer yet.Windows has no problem accessing the file, just cannot copy it.I can...
  5. Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows: I have jpg 614kb image that came via a Mac. Drag and drop from Synology volume to anywhere on win10 or win11 causes error "file is no longer there"I asked over at Synology forum but have not got answer yet.Windows has no problem accessing the file, just cannot copy it.I can...
  6. Trouble Copying Boot Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble Copying Boot Files: @topgundcp I have the following situation: I am taking the HD out of an older laptop running Win10 version 21H1 and wish to clone it to a newer HD to put into a newer Laptop. I have successfully cloned the drive using AOMEI Backupper but the drive fails to be recognized in...
  7. Copy files from computer to nas or nas to computer speed cut over 50% slower

Copy files from computer to nas or nas to computer speed cut over 50% slower: Before Nov. updates I was getting 25-28 MB/s either way wifi coping files from computer to nas after that I can only get 9-11 MB/s computer to nas and around 18 MB/s from nas to computer. What did you do to this with the updates and when will it be corrected back to or better...
  8. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles: Hi, *Shock Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to work with W10. The W10 copying function works but info presented is cattiwampus. For example I origionally copied 12,999 files...
  9. NAS Drive Trouble

NAS Drive Trouble: Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the...
  10. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...