Windows 10: Trouble detecting displays

Discus and support Trouble detecting displays in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows won’t detect my second display even though the system displays the boot screen on both monitors. Is there some way to resolve this issue? (I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bredhaie, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Trouble detecting displays

Windows won’t detect my second display even though the system displays the boot screen on both monitors. Is there some way to resolve this issue? (I’m using HDMI and DVI motherboard ports)

submitted by /u/bredhaie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bredhaie, Jun 6, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 6, 2020
  3. n1trox Win User
    Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Jun 6, 2020
  4. BetsyLC Win User

Trouble detecting displays

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display.

Is there a fix? And is it possible to stop the force feeding of the 1709 build?

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display. I have tried every suggestion listed here to no avail. Including installing KB4057291. Going back to the prior build again. NVidia graphics card not listed as display adaptor because it will not
    recognize my 2nd display. Yet once i go back my 2nd display and screen settings come back

BetsyLC, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Trouble detecting displays

1. Trouble detecting displays - Similar Threads - Trouble detecting displays

2. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with display driver: I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to...
  3. not detecting displays

not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  4. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  5. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Display trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display trouble: Everytime I turn on my computer my second display can not be found. If I uninstall the GPU in device manager and scan for changes I can then use the second display. My drivers are all up to date and so is my windows updates. Just everytime I start the second display is show...
  7. Display trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display trouble: Everytime I turn on my computer my second display can not be found. If I uninstall the GPU in device manager and scan for changes I can then use the second display. My drivers are all up to date and so is my windows updates. Just everytime I start the second display is show...
  8. Display trouble

9. Trouble with display drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with display drivers: So I have about an 8 year old HP laptop, model DV7 6B01TX (it still runs well enough for what I need it for which is why I'm putting in the effort to get it to work haha). It originally ran win7, then I upgraded to win10 with zero issues. Recently I had some issues and...
  10. Display trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display trouble: So, I got two graphic card or something, one is GeForce GTX 1070 and one is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, apparently my device is connected to the 630 one and when I try to play Far Cry 5 it's super lag so much. Is there any way for me to use the 1070 one instead?...