Windows 10: Trouble downloading docs from web

Discus and support Trouble downloading docs from web in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I try to download/save (Cntl-S) documents from the web they are downloaded/saved to the appropriate location but are incomplete downloads...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rwkonner, Aug 19, 2017.

1. rwkonner Win User

Trouble downloading docs from web

when I try to download/save (Cntl-S) documents from the web they are downloaded/saved to the appropriate location but are incomplete downloads... paragraphs missing. Any idea why?

:)

rwkonner, Aug 19, 2017
  2. maxim__s Win User

Edge: breaks the extensions of the downloaded files

I'm doing so routinely with all web browsers - IE, Chrome and now Edge.

No, this does not help.

Looks like this is yet another by-design misfeature of Edge.

With a .doc file, the picture is that you cannot open it directly from the website by Word. You need to download it, then rename to add the .doc suffix, and only then Word works.

maxim__s, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Went from W7 to W10...Driver assist says I need driver for appropriate AMD RADEON HD6450?

Yes. See the manufacturer's web page for the hardware you are indicating is the 'trouble-point'...

Particularly:

AMD Radeon HD 6450 Why will BD not play Windows 10 | Community

They refer the customer to:

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics ... | Community

Which will take you to here:

Download Drivers

Which, assuming you have 64-bit Windows, will take you to:

Download nicht abgeschlossen

... and a note that says that model has, " . . . been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned . . ." <-- so that mid-2015 driver, may even be a beta, is the last/latest for your specific video card from said manufacturer.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

What format are the 'docs'? If saving a Web page are you choosing Web page, complete, Web page, HTML only or Text only? The Web page, complete gets the HTML file plus a Folder of the same name with _files added with the images and other data that make up the page seen in the browser.

Berton, Aug 19, 2017
  5. rwkonner Win User
    I don't know what you're talking about. I am trying to download & save an insurance policy from the insurance website which should be a simple process.

rwkonner, Aug 19, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Aug 19, 2017
  7. Stevekir Win User
    What I would do is this:

Install Snipping Tool. (It's free.) To do that, search for it in a browser and choose any download source.

Once installed, open it and in its littler window choose Mode, then select Window Snip. Move your pointer over the window you want and click it.

When the clip appears, close it (the usual little X on the top right of its window).

A window will open asking if you want to save the clip. Press Yes.

A standard Windows save window will appear asking where you want to save it.

Decide as usual and press Save button.

If your insurance document is too big to fit on one screen, in the browser window displaying the insurance doc., you could press Ctrl + - to shrink the image, then use Snipping tool again. Alternatively, scroll the window which is showing your insurance doc. and copy again, and again as needed.

I have just rehearsed the above and Snipping Tool copied the whole of an Internet page.

Stevekir, Aug 20, 2017
  8. rwkonner Win User

rwkonner, Aug 20, 2017
  9. rwkonner Win User
    WAY too complicated. Thanks

rwkonner, Aug 20, 2017
  10. Stevekir Win User
    Its certainly complex to list step-by step, as most procedures are, but easy to use once you are familiar with it. I use it frequently.

Stevekir, Aug 20, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    Can you share the link to this web site. I would assume this form is a PDF already. After saving it, what program do you open the document with? Try Adobe Reader, if you don't have it, download it, it's free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

spunk, Aug 20, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    The best way and easy way to do this, is have the Windows Print to PDF installed under Windows Features and then when you print something, you choose the printer as PDF and it will save the pages in that part of the site you are looking at. Insurance companies have a Print button on them. If using Chrome, it should open up to a PDF page if the cards are capable of being printed from the page or opened as a PDF>.

bro67, Aug 20, 2017
  13. bro67 Win User

Do not need Adobe to see the cards if they are like State Farm, which are a actual web page that gives you the choice to print from the page, or just go to file and Print and then choose "PDF" to save as.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble downloading docs from web - Similar Threads - Trouble downloading docs

2. Games downloaded from the web are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games downloaded from the web are not working.: Games that I download from the web Google chrome. have not tested others are not working as supposed to. They launch but as soon as a button is pressed it basically spams the keyboard. Any ideas on what might be happening and how to fix it?...
  3. Games downloaded from the web are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games downloaded from the web are not working.: Games that I download from the web Google chrome. have not tested others are not working as supposed to. They launch but as soon as a button is pressed it basically spams the keyboard. Any ideas on what might be happening and how to fix it?...
  4. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble downloading: I've tried downloading Google Earth Pro on my Windows 10 multiple times but it won't seem to work. This is what it looks like on my desktop when i download the https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?... version....
  5. Microsoft Edge supporting Open Web Docs to deliver web developer docs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge supporting Open Web Docs to deliver web developer docs: Today, weâ&#128;&#153;re happy to share our support for Open Web Docs, a new collective launching today which is dedicated to sustainably supporting high-quality, browser-agnostic, community-driven web developer documentation. Open Web Docs employs full-time writing staff to...
  6. Trouble with Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Download: I ordered Minecraft and my computer that I am using is not in the options that you can download to. I would like to know what to do to fix the problem. I just bought this computer for my son and made a new email account with outlook. When I signed into the Microsoft store I...
  7. cannot download and open doc from email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download and open doc from email: cannot download and open doc from email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-and-open-doc-from-email/3579d8ee-619a-4ebf-b6b1-d521da36bb16"
  8. any downloaded files from the web

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    any downloaded files from the web: I cant seem to ever get the media player to pull up and play any of my downloaded files off the internet. Why is this and what shall I do to fix it? Or suggest a media player or app that I can use please....
  9. Trouble with the web store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with the web store: I was following the directions to restore the microsoft windows store because when I try to use the app, it goes to the loading point, then basically vanishes afterwards. I've tried to reset the story, and it still doesn't work. Is there any other way to reset it?...
  10. Documenting the Web together with MDN Web Docs

in Windows 10 News
    Documenting the Web together with MDN Web Docs: Today, we’re excited to share some big news for developers around the world wide web: We’re committing our resources towards making MDN Web Docs the best place to go for web API reference. To kick things off, today we started redirecting over 7,700 MSDN pages to corresponding...