Windows 10: Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store

Discus and support Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m trying to download the new Ori and the Will of the Wisps game. I live in a rural area and my internet is trash. I used my phone’s hotspot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Terminal_Willness, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store

So I’m trying to download the new Ori and the Will of the Wisps game.

I live in a rural area and my internet is trash. I used my phone’s hotspot to download about 8GBs of the 15GBs of the game but then my data ran out.

My problem is that now I can’t get the download to resume and it seems as though the progress I made on the download has been lost.

I’ve updated Windows, update the games store, and tried resetting the games store but nothing has worked.

It seems to be stuck on “starting download.” What should I do?

submitted by /u/Terminal_Willness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Terminal_Willness, Mar 11, 2020

2. Trouble downloading a game from Microsoft Store.

Hi Mott,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft Account credentials?
    • Are you the administrator of the user profile?

Step 1: Apps from Windows Store can be downloaded when you are signing into your user account using Microsoft account. If you are not signing in using Microsoft account, you will be able to access Windows Store, but you cannot download any
    apps from Windows Store.

If you already have a Microsoft account, sign in and check if you are able to download the apps from Windows Store.

If you do not have a Microsoft account, create one by signing up
    and check if you are able to download the apps from the Windows Store.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooterand check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 11, 2020
  3. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store

1. Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Trouble Downloading Games

2. Trouble with Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Microsoft Store: Warning, language. Some context: A week or so ago I had problems with the xbox app, it wouldn't open and after the "X" logo disappeared, the app would just be a blank dark-grey screen, so I went and re-installed it with the hope of making it work, but of course, it just...
  3. Trouble downloading an app from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble downloading an app from the Microsoft Store.: Hello, I'm also trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store and it keep saying "Starting download". I disabled malwarebyte and it didn't solve anything, I also did a system scan using CDM and it came up with no issues. I tried resetting the program and...
  4. Trouble with Microsoft store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble with Microsoft store: After opening the Microsoft store, I am unable to open any apps. I click on any app & it goes to a loading page little balls going in circle & never loads the page....
  5. Downloading games from Microsoft store

Downloading games from Microsoft store: I am trying to reinstall 2 games and start 3 more. I says it is pending and the other 4 all say Starting Download. They have all sat like this for 4-5 hours doing nothing. I can either download them or remove them. My skills are very basic so what can I do?...
  6. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought minecraft from the microsoft store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  7. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...
  8. Downloading Games feom Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Games feom Microsoft Store: So i have the xbox game pass, and i want to dowload PUBG and Rocket Leauge. But it says I don't have any devices registered. So i check if my pc is registered and it is. Ive tried a lot of stuff to fix this. Can anyone please help me, it's really getting annoying to not be...
  9. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  10. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...