Windows 10: Trouble downloading Google Chrome

Discus and support Trouble downloading Google Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rita112019, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any ideas??

:)

Rita112019, Nov 3, 2019

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Trouble downloading Google Chrome

1. Trouble downloading Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Trouble downloading Google

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  5. Cannot download Chrome browser or get to Google

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download Chrome browser or get to Google: Just bought an HP laptop for my son to do remote learning. It was my understanding that I had to get out of S mode in Windows 10 in order to be able to access apps like Google that weren't in the Microsoft Store. I did that and now the computer is in Windows 10 Home. It is...
  6. why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome: Why would a person be unable to download google chrome if they have Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-a-person-have-trouble-downloading-google/3f5049d4-6094-41a7-9c65-a5a748d0c789
  7. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  8. Downloading Turbotax and losing access to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading Turbotax and losing access to Google Chrome: I inserted a cd to Download TurboTax. The first attempt, the cd started and then stopped. I removed the cd and then tried again and was able to get the program loaded. I set up the beginning information to make sure TurboTax worked correctly. However, my icon on the...
  9. Google Chrome trouble

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome trouble: When I first got my laptop I downloaded Google Chrome and when I would open the app it says : "youll need to ask the adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome." Then it has a button to ask by email. I am not even a part of a family I am 18 years old and my parents...
  10. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...