Windows 10: Trouble downloading my Japanese keyboard

Discus and support Trouble downloading my Japanese keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When downloading my Japanese keyboard to write it shows error 0x800f0922 I have tried turning on .NET and turning off my fire wall but it doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NaomiLiu1, Jun 1, 2021.

1. NaomiLiu1 Win User

Trouble downloading my Japanese keyboard

When downloading my Japanese keyboard to write it shows error 0x800f0922 I have tried turning on .NET and turning off my fire wall but it doesn't work please help

:)

NaomiLiu1, Jun 1, 2021

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 1, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Downloaded Japanese Keyboard and now errors in downloading.

Hi,

This might be a possible malware. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Where did you download the Japanese keyboard?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?

John Fer, Jun 1, 2021
  4. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Trouble downloading my Japanese keyboard - Similar Threads - Trouble downloading Japanese

2. Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese keyboard: I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and am using Windows 11. I tried to download the Japanese language pack so that I would be able to type in Japanese. I was able to install the Japanese language package, however, I cannot download the 'basic typing.' I would...
  3. Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese keyboard: I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and am using Windows 11. I tried to download the Japanese language pack so that I would be able to type in Japanese. I was able to install the Japanese language package, however, I cannot download the 'basic typing.' I would...
  4. japanese keyboard not downloading

japanese keyboard not downloading: whenever i try to download the japanese keyboard, it gives me an error. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-not-downloading/4c9a615d-26da-4158-8ed0-6cef3f8492b5
  5. japanese keyboard not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    japanese keyboard not downloading: whenever i try to download the japanese keyboard, it gives me an error. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-not-downloading/4c9a615d-26da-4158-8ed0-6cef3f8492b5
  6. Japanese keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese keyboard shortcut: I have japanese keyboard installed, but the shortcut is not functional. The only one works is alt+shift to shift languange. But I can't change to hiragana or katakana with shortcut. I need to manually click on the icon. How do I fix this?I tried to re-install the program, try...
  7. Japanese keyboard shortcut

Japanese keyboard shortcut: I have japanese keyboard installed, but the shortcut is not functional. The only one works is alt+shift to shift languange. But I can't change to hiragana or katakana with shortcut. I need to manually click on the icon. How do I fix this?I tried to re-install the program, try...
  8. Japanese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Keyboard: Dear Sir/Madam, I have the language pack installed for Japanese, however when I installed the Japanese keyboard, it informs that it's searching for the language pack, and never finds it. As consequence, I can't select between hiragana and katakana. How to solve this...
  9. Trouble downloading basic typing for the Japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble downloading basic typing for the Japanese language pack: Hi, I have Windows 10 Education ver 1809 and I have installed the Japanese language pack. However when I try to download Basic Typing it fails with an error message that says something like "Sorry, download failed try again later" 0x800f0954. Please help. Thank you....
  10. Japanese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Keyboard: After getting Windows 10, I was unable to be able to use kanji. I was able to figure out a trick to get it to switch to hiragana (you have to right click on the A, and then double left click the already selected romaji option so the A shows up on your screen, then you can...