Windows 10: Trouble Downloading Some Files

Discus and support Trouble Downloading Some Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently switched to a SSD for my drive on my computer and I am suddenly having trouble downloading some things. Some downloads fly by with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matimusmaximus, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Trouble Downloading Some Files

Hello,

I recently switched to a SSD for my drive on my computer and I am suddenly having trouble downloading some things. Some downloads fly by with no errors but a lot of games will come up with the error: Cannot locate file, or cannot find game file.

This happens when it should be making the file at the moment.

I have ran as Administrator and turned off firewall. Doesnt seem to help.

Anyone else experience this?

:)

Matimusmaximus, Mar 4, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 4, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Luka KLLP Win User

Trouble Downloading Some Files

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Downloading Some Files

1. Trouble Downloading Some Files - Similar Threads - Trouble Downloading Files

2. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble downloading: Up until now I could install gbs of games and downloads with no issue but out of nowhere games and updates take forever to run, ie my discord has been updating for the past 3 weeks and still will not load or update. Games run smoothly, no bugs there and I still have about...
  3. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble downloading: Up until now I could install gbs of games and downloads with no issue but out of nowhere games and updates take forever to run, ie my discord has been updating for the past 3 weeks and still will not load or update. Games run smoothly, no bugs there and I still have about...
  4. Some trouble with camera

Some trouble with camera: I have a dell latitude E6400 computer and tried to use the camera for photos and webcam chat but it was giving me a message saying that to check if it is set up properly or something about antivirus software blocking it. It is a built in camera and I have never tried to use...
  5. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble downloading: I've tried downloading Google Earth Pro on my Windows 10 multiple times but it won't seem to work. This is what it looks like on my desktop when i download the https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?... version....
  6. Trouble downloading

Trouble downloading: I've tried downloading Google Earth Pro on my Windows 10 multiple times but it won't seem to work. This is what it looks like on my desktop when i download the https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?... version....
  7. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Downloading trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading trouble: I am trying to download an app/file to access my employers website. While downloading I recieve the following message: "Unable to retrieve application files Files corrupt in deployment". How can I fix this issue?...
  9. Trouble with Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Download: I ordered Minecraft and my computer that I am using is not in the options that you can download to. I would like to know what to do to fix the problem. I just bought this computer for my son and made a new email account with outlook. When I signed into the Microsoft store I...
  10. Trouble Downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Downloading: Hello. My problem today is that I am having trouble downloading certian contents. It is strange because a bit ago I was able to download Malwarebytes online, but other things I try to download (such as steam game updates and java updates) just won't download whatsoever. I am...