Windows 10: trouble downloading updates for windows 10

Discus and support trouble downloading updates for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant download pending updates due to storage limits. ive deleted or moved or uninstalled all that I can already. I have already inserted and external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michellechristopher1, Apr 5, 2020.

1. trouble downloading updates for windows 10

I cant download pending updates due to storage limits. ive deleted or moved or uninstalled all that I can already. I have already inserted and external storage device that has plenty of space for the size of the updates but the updates still cant download. How do I get the updates to store onto the external device?

At one point I was asked to select alternate storage device and I did select the USB but updates still unable to completely download

:)

michellechristopher1, Apr 5, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Apr 5, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

trouble downloading updates for windows 10

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

trouble downloading updates for windows 10

1. trouble downloading updates for windows 10 - Similar Threads - trouble downloading updates

2. Trouble downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble downloading Windows 10: Can anyone please tell me what C:\users\desktop\downloads\windows10upgrade9252 4 .exe is not a valid win32 application means? I’m trying to install windows 10....
  3. Trouble downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble downloading Windows 10: Can anyone please tell me what C:\users\desktop\downloads\windows10upgrade9252 4 .exe is not a valid win32 application means? I’m trying to install windows 10....
  4. Trouble downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble downloading: I've tried downloading Google Earth Pro on my Windows 10 multiple times but it won't seem to work. This is what it looks like on my desktop when i download the https://support.google.com/earth/answer/168344?... version....
  6. trouble downloading update

trouble downloading update: I've been trying for months to download the windows 10 update on my laptop. First I didn't have enough space, so I added a flashdrive.. But my internet connection is so slow, it downloads all day to get to 10%, and then tells me it failed. Do I have any other options to...
  7. Windows having trouble downloading the new cumulative update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows having trouble downloading the new cumulative update for windows 10: [ATTACH] All the other updates such as the windows defender updates went fine; I have already updated my bios. Not sure how to deal with this error. Thanks. https://preview.redd.it/o1xq7fywj6f61.png?width=679&format=png&auto=webp&s=68cafeddcc01c66941b61ce3c3fbbd8c6b0c6f20...
  8. trouble downloading windows update

trouble downloading windows update: Difficulty updating windows threats etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-downloading-windows-update/730e5146-2abd-422b-95b4-b74be546ff94
  9. Troubles downloading Windows 10 iso

Troubles downloading Windows 10 iso: I am trying to download Win10 iso file, so I can fix my Windows 10 laptop with a bad boot up. I am trying to download from my old laptop Vista, it's the only thing I have and twice now, the download stops at 2.9gb, instead of the full 4.9gb. What can I do to resolve this?...
  10. Trouble with Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Download: I ordered Minecraft and my computer that I am using is not in the options that you can download to. I would like to know what to do to fix the problem. I just bought this computer for my son and made a new email account with outlook. When I signed into the Microsoft store I...