Windows 10: trouble downloading windows update

Discus and support trouble downloading windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Difficulty updating windows threats etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRM 35, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:07 PM.

1. BRM 35 Win User

trouble downloading windows update

Difficulty updating windows threats etc

:)

2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

4. trouble downloading windows update

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:10 PM
Thema:

trouble downloading windows update

1. trouble downloading windows update - Similar Threads - trouble downloading update

2. Trouble with Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Download: I ordered Minecraft and my computer that I am using is not in the options that you can download to. I would like to know what to do to fix the problem. I just bought this computer for my son and made a new email account with outlook. When I signed into the Microsoft store I...
  3. having trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having trouble downloading: when trying to download i get this pop up that says this filke does not have an app associated with it performing this action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-downloading/5219dca5-f329-4a2e-abaa-bb4998299748
  4. trouble downloading updates for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trouble downloading updates for windows 10: I cant download pending updates due to storage limits. ive deleted or moved or uninstalled all that I can already. I have already inserted and external storage device that has plenty of space for the size of the updates but the updates still cant download. How do I get the...
  5. Downloading Itunes trouble

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading Itunes trouble: Hello, Sadly I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, software, updates, etc. I purchased a 2nd hand Lenovo ThinkPad W530. Hoping it will last me a long time. I do not game or use it other than for school. I am trying to download iTunes to reset my sons...
  6. Trouble downloading updates and apps from windows store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble downloading updates and apps from windows store.: Hey! I'm having trouble downloading any updates from Windows Update and downloading or updating apps from Windows Store (error 0x80244018). I read that this is a common issue with some last updates but I can't seem to find the right solution, here's what I tried so far:...
  7. trouble with imvu download

in Windows 10 Customization
    trouble with imvu download: i got a new computer laptop an I cant get imvu download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-imvu-download/91f9832b-40a4-4bbe-a27f-9e80749b7e86
  8. trouble downloading code

trouble downloading code: i want to download visual studio but i cant because i keep getting this dialog box See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  9. Trouble Downloading

Trouble Downloading: Hello. My problem today is that I am having trouble downloading certian contents. It is strange because a bit ago I was able to download Malwarebytes online, but other things I try to download (such as steam game updates and java updates) just won't download whatsoever. I am...
  10. Windows 7 - Having trouble downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 - Having trouble downloading: I'm having trouble installing Windows 10, I'm told theres supposed to be a windows logo in the bottom right corner of my screen, near the time. I don't have one. I am currently making other updates to my computer in hopes it will be lodged in with those. I have a Windows 7...