Windows 10: Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi

Discus and support Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My computer is using a (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter) and after doing some research I see that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cornmeal, Apr 23, 2019.

1. cornmeal Win User

Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi

Hi everyone,
    My computer is using a (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter) and after doing some research I see that it is indeed capable of 5ghz. However in my attempts to change make the switch I have found no option to change to 5ghz.
    The only way I saw online to change it is by going to Windows Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> The Wifi Adapter Properties -> Advanced -> Preferred Network -> 5ghz
    But the problem I am facing is that there is no option for "Preferred Network" (Pictured below, if I did this right)

Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi [​IMG]

Switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz is vital due to some issues involving my mesh network. I have triple checked to make sure drivers are up to date and I am at a loss for what to do.
    And I think I'll end this with a: any help is greatly appreciated thanks for reading this over.
    -Guy who wants internet

P.S First post be nice Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi :)

:)

cornmeal, Apr 23, 2019

2. Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Apr 23, 2019
  3. 5GHz Wifi no longer showing

Hello,

I own the Hp spectre x360 ac-002ne. Previously my laptop was able to connect to my 5GHz wifi. Suddenly the 5GHz network disappeared on the laptop, but it is sill showing on other devices. The 2.4 GHz wifi is still working on the laptop. I tried uninstalling
    the wifi drivers, reinstalling them and even doing a system restore point but neither one of them solved the issue.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Charbel Helayel, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Arily Win User

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Trouble Enabling 5ghz Wifi - Similar Threads - Trouble Enabling 5ghz

2. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  3. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  4. Wifi 5ghz signal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  5. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  6. Wifi 5GHz not working

Wifi 5GHz not working: Hello i have a asus laptop with lastest windows update as well i downloaded the lastest network adapter drivers tried with older versions too.The adapter in question is qualcomm qca9377 and the driver version is 12.0.0.722. Qualcomm says it supports 5 ghz and i am able to see...
  7. Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi: Not too sure if this is the right subreddit but I recently added another GPU into my PC build. Before that, I was able to connect both to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network. However, when I finished installing the 2nd GPU, the 5Ghz network would show up as "no internet,...
  8. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  9. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...
  10. 5GHz enabling with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    5GHz enabling with win 10: Windows 10 not recognize 5GHz wifi Hi,I have win10 (64 bit ). After upgrade my network adapter don't recognize wifi 5GHz. How can be enabled with win 10. Please advice....