Windows 10: Trouble enabling Hyper-V

Discus and support Trouble enabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have Virtualization Technology enabled in my bios, Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Turn Windows features on and off, and when I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cgrim1985, Nov 10, 2018.

1. cgrim1985 Win User

Trouble enabling Hyper-V

I have Virtualization Technology enabled in my bios, Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Turn Windows features on and off, and when I type Hyper-V Manager in Windows Search the best match is Hyper-V Manager web results, so I went into Services and every Hyper-V related service is set to Manual (Triggered start). When I try to try to start them manually but click on them an clicking start I get this message" The Hyper V [Service Name] service on local computer started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." Even if I change them to start automatically then try starting them I get the same message, I would like to use Hyper-V if possible, so how can I fix this problem?

Notes:
    This is a clean install of Windows with all available updates
    I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1803 and build 17134.376

:)

cgrim1985, Nov 10, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Nov 10, 2018
  3. AlexOh7 Win User
    Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Trouble enabling Hyper-V

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Trouble enabling Hyper-V

1. Trouble enabling Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Trouble enabling Hyper

2. i cant enable hyper v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant enable hyper v: i was trying to enable virtual machine platform and windows hypervisor platform when i enable at i restart my windows normally but in the progress he said we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes i spend so much time trying to fix this then i find out that i have to...
  3. i cant enable hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant enable hyper v: i was trying to enable virtual machine platform and windows hypervisor platform when i enable at i restart my windows normally but in the progress he said we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes i spend so much time trying to fix this then i find out that i have to...
  4. i cant enable hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  6. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  7. cant find/enable hyper v

cant find/enable hyper v: hi i have a ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HC_FX506HC and i wanted to install a vm but i can enable/finde hyper v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-findenable-hyper-v/cae319f4-d4df-46e0-9604-d117296518cd
  8. enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enabling hyper-v after disabling it.: Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat. I used this command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off And now I cant get it to work. When I open the command line it tells me to...
  9. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your current selection will also disable the following features: hyper-v extensible virtual switch