Windows 10: Trouble getting optical player to install ten pro

Discus and support Trouble getting optical player to install ten pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I went to Microcenter and bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM version and it won't load at all on optical player. I have secure boot disabled and the keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Allelujah, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Allelujah Win User

Trouble getting optical player to install ten pro

So I went to Microcenter and bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM version and it won't load at all on optical player. I have secure boot disabled and the keys are not installed either. For troubleshooting I have tried to use a different computer with a optical drive to to see if it would load and I had no luck it just goes to a blank screen like my other one. The disc is purple if that helps at all.

:)

Allelujah, Nov 3, 2015
  2. ydoushine Win User

Playing DVD via an External Optical Player

Having a bit of a challenge getting an external optical DVD player to first, get recognized, second access a App to play.

What's the story here ?

Why have MS DVD Player not automatically downloaded to my Surface Pro 3 ?

ydoushine, Nov 3, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    DVD on Windows 10

This thread is getting confused now. Are you have trouble playing DVD video, or is your optical drive not recognized at all? If the former is true, Windows 10 has no native capability to play DVD video so you'll need a third-party application such as
    the free VLC Media Player.

JimWynne, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Allelujah Win User

Okay so now I got it to load. I have no idea how but now I can't install it in UEFI mode for some reason. When I get to the part where it asks you, "Where do you want to install windows?" And you can then select, "New" it only creates 2 partitions. System and Primary. That's all it creates. I'm starting to wonder if my motherboard is faulty

Allelujah, Nov 3, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    No, this is normal. It creates a small system partition and the rest of the disk is the partition where Windows and your data will be written. I would just delete all partitions and continue without creating anything. Windows Setup will automatically create the necessary partitions. You only manually create the partition if you want to keep some space to install a second operating system, such as Linux. If you let Windows fill all the disk, you can any time from inside Windows shrink (make smaller) the Windows partition and then create another partition for Linux of whatever other OS you want to dual-boot.

spapakons, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Allelujah Win User
    Okay so got Windows installed but I think I need to start a new subject in BSOD
    Thanks for trying to help me spatakons.

Allelujah, Nov 3, 2015
  7. Allelujah Win User
    Thanks for the help spapakons

Allelujah, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble getting optical player to install ten pro - Similar Threads - Trouble getting optical

2. trouble with media player with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble with media player with windows 10: I have an Asus laptop with windows10. Since Christmas I have been able to play back footage from my remote motion sensor camera with a sandisk Ultra 80mbs 16GB. Since a Microsoft upgrade I am now unable to do this with the message, windows media player cannot play the...
  3. new install optical drive not seen

new install optical drive not seen: help - optical drive not seen after clean install Win 10 / 64 pro up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-install-optical-drive-not-seen/9cbe76d1-2c1d-4e46-8b7a-8b4207811cc8
  4. Installation trouble!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation trouble!: ok, so, i started off with a locked 4th gen i5, b250 mobo from gigabyte, 16gb DDR4 ram, an RTX 2070, and two hard drives. decent for light gaming and photo editing. i needed some major upgrades as i have really dived deep into videography. i got a Ryzen 9 3900x, Asus TUF...
  5. Windows ten install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows ten install: We went from windows 7 to 10. my computer was fine until out IT guy installed the upgrade. The upgrade we were FORCED to install! Now my computer keeps crashing 17 times in less than an hour I'm getting an error message that says "Watchdog violation". Am I going to have to...
  6. trouble installing windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trouble installing windows 10 pro: Hello everyone, im using genuine windows 10 home and for some reason i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro so i bought windows 10 pro at Microsoft store then after my purchased i hit the install button, after i hit it its says try again. i cant upgrade to windows 10 pro. please...
  7. considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro: I updated to W10 Professional onto a new Samsung 1TB EVO SDD. I am having chronic hang ups. unable to update to the latest 1809 patch great difficulty loading my browsers. what is bringing out the inner baboon is I am unable to go to safe mode with my sign in credentials, the...
  8. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....
  9. Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd: I have tried at least 5 times to load Windows 10 Pro on a ssd without any luck. I then tried loading it on a 500 gb sata hdd, without any luck. It always get about 80 -95% done and stops. I had to junk the old hard drive because it died, so I went out and bought new hard...
  10. trouble with install

trouble with install: I have just got a computer with windows 10 on. I previously had all my CAD software on windows 7. I have had to upgrade as my old computer died. my problem is I have 1 possibly 2 programs that I cant even install from windows 8 and 10. I am not sure what options I have? the...