Windows 10: Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S

Discus and support Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As said in the title, I'm having trouble getting out of Windows 10 S. I want to either get back to 7 or properly activate Windows 10 Home. I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brdese, Nov 30, 2020.

1. brdese Win User

Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S

As said in the title, I'm having trouble getting out of Windows 10 S. I want to either get back to 7 or properly activate Windows 10 Home.

I got this computer as a gift from somebody. It's a pretty old computer Dell Inspiron 1764, and they recently replaced the hard drive. The last 5 characters of the product key are also somewhat scratched out, so I can't completely tell what the last character in the key is.

It still had all their old files and his Microsoft account logged into it, so I reset the computer to clean those out and reinstall windows. The computer was still in Windows 10 S prior to this, and I wasn't given the option to go back to Windows 7 in the recovery tab, likely due to the hard drive change. I logged in with my own Microsoft account. I went to try and activate it using the product key on the bottom hoping it mightwork, but of course, it didn't. Troubleshooting tells me that there's a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device, and to activate it, I need to install Windows 10 Home. This computer is about 10 years old, and I've heard about other people having issues with their computers after upgrading to Windows 10, so I'm not sure if I should try this or if I'll be okay since I already have Windows 10 S on here. I don't know if the digital license will even workbecause it wasn't upgraded with my Microsoft account and I am no longer logged in on theirs.

If I can't activate Windows 10 Home, then I'd really just like to get back to Windows 7 somehow.As aforementioned, the hard drive was replaced, so I don't have the recovery partition associated with it anymore. I don't know if I have a Factory Restore image or how to check. I don't have the box for this computer, any recovery discs, USB drives, nothing. I was given the computer and a carrier bag for it.

Do I have any options? Will I have to buy a license to activate Windows? Is this something I need to go to Dell for? Sorry if I put this in the wrong version/topic.

:)

brdese, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S

1. Trouble getting out of Windows 10 S - Similar Threads - Trouble getting

2. We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out: MY7FrY2u3km5wewk.31.3652024/02/02 - 16:32:10 UTC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-having-trouble-processing-your-payment-and/fee876c5-0f8d-4295-8906-06fce9251e46
  3. We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out: MY7FrY2u3km5wewk.31.3652024/02/02 - 16:32:10 UTC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-having-trouble-processing-your-payment-and/fee876c5-0f8d-4295-8906-06fce9251e46
  4. We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.: So, I was trying to buy Minecraft with my debit card. This message popped up and I did all the troubleshooting. It still didn't work, so I tried my credit card. Same error message. Did all the troubleshooting again. Still, the same error message....
  6. We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.

We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.: So, I was trying to buy Minecraft with my debit card. This message popped up and I did all the troubleshooting. It still didn't work, so I tried my credit card. Same error message. Did all the troubleshooting again. Still, the same error message....
  7. Trouble getting phone link to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble getting phone link to work: So I am attempting to use Phone Link on Windows 11, with my iPhone. It says that it is connected, However whenever I attempt to answer a call, it doesn't let me and if I go to my phone and select the computer as the device to use on the call, nobody can hear me and I can't...
  8. Trouble getting phone link to work

Trouble getting phone link to work: So I am attempting to use Phone Link on Windows 11, with my iPhone. It says that it is connected, However whenever I attempt to answer a call, it doesn't let me and if I go to my phone and select the computer as the device to use on the call, nobody can hear me and I can't...
  9. Having trouble with Microsoft 365 which I just purchased? Unable to get to previous files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with Microsoft 365 which I just purchased? Unable to get to previous files...: Need to set up system and be able to retrieve previous Word, power Point documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-microsoft-365-which-i-just/5b616f55-fdb6-4eb7-aa6d-413b3ad29099
  10. Having trouble with Microsoft 365 which I just purchased? Unable to get to previous files...

Having trouble with Microsoft 365 which I just purchased? Unable to get to previous files...: Need to set up system and be able to retrieve previous Word, power Point documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-microsoft-365-which-i-just/5b616f55-fdb6-4eb7-aa6d-413b3ad29099