Windows 10: Trouble hibernating

Discus and support Trouble hibernating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello group, I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron1949, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Ron1949 Win User

Trouble hibernating

Hello group,

I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not always, when I open the lid I get my desktop screen immediately instead of the computer going through the usual wake-from-hibernate routine. It's as if the laptop were just sleeping instead of hibernating. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior?

Thank you,
    Ron

:)

Ron1949, Feb 1, 2016

2. hibernating windows 10

I am having trouble with this myself, and I see no Hibernate option when I go into Power Options.

HenryLever, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

Trouble hibernating

1. Trouble hibernating - Similar Threads - Trouble hibernating

2. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  3. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  4. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  6. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  7. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  8. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  9. “Hibernating” and more troubles to come

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    “Hibernating” and more troubles to come: When i turned my pc (windows 10) on, it started hibernating and wasnt going anywhere. So i forced shut down by pressing the power on/off button for 10 seconds. It did turn off, but it wouldnt turn back on. I pressed and held the power on/off button, or simply just rapped on...
  10. Hibernate trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate trouble: Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not always work and I do not know what changed or happened to cause that. My battery is charged and when I go to reopen my laptop...