Windows 10: Trouble hibernating

Discus and support Trouble hibernating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello group, I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron1949, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Ron1949 Win User

Trouble hibernating

Hello group,

I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not always, when I open the lid I get my desktop screen immediately instead of the computer going through the usual wake-from-hibernate routine. It's as if the laptop were just sleeping instead of hibernating. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior?

Thank you,
    Ron

:)

Ron1949, Feb 1, 2016

2. hibernating windows 10

I am having trouble with this myself, and I see no Hibernate option when I go into Power Options.

HenryLever, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

Trouble hibernating

1. Trouble hibernating - Similar Threads - Trouble hibernating

2. I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10: Hey what’s up guys. I recently tried cleaning and scanning my PC from potential malware/adware. I seen a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it legitimately worked. The process involved going into Safe Mode so that no malware/adware would load with the startup (which is what...
  3. Having trouble viewing online forms with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble viewing online forms with Firefox: This has been going on for several months I think. If I'm trying to fill out some sort of online form in Firefox, either I see the blank spaces I'm supposed to fill out but they're not labeled, or the function buttons like "next" or "submit" won't respond. But I can switch to...
  4. Account troubles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account troubles: I logged into my pc this morning and realised the name had changed when I went to my account settings I saw that my email had been changed as well, it was my brother's fault. I don't know what he did and neither does he but I made a local account and it says sign in with a...
  5. Trouble with Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble with Word: I have window 365 and Office 10 on my computer. Since the last update (which happens automatically or I wouldn't have them) my word program is giving me tons of grief. I often put photos in my document. Like to move them around and see how the document looks. Since the latest...
  6. We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device: I don't understand why but I'm getting this error after a few weeks not using the OS. "after it was updated" (since I mostly use windows 7 under a dual boot setup.) This is pretty much almost a clean install btw. anyways you can see from this picture I attached... My...
  7. ethernet trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet trouble: i have a really weird ethernet trouble, so when i first boot my pc the network is shown as not identified and has a little yellow triangle so when i reboot my pc in safe mode and then i reboot it again network is working completly fine, i tried using a new NIC card but i...
  8. Windows 10 activation trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation trouble: I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard, and now I have a transparent notification to Activate Windows. After Troubleshooting, I simply get the error of "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Windows is working fine otherwise, the notification is...
  9. Had a Rebuild trouble with all the Passwords and have a multitude of

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Had a Rebuild trouble with all the Passwords and have a multitude of: Hello Need some help please? I have a Lot of Issues with this PC after a rebuild and all the Passwords they keep asking for very confusing, I will take this over to User Accounts as a New thread and insert the attachments that tells the story better than I can First is...
  10. Hibernate trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate trouble: Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not always work and I do not know what changed or happened to cause that. My battery is charged and when I go to reopen my laptop...