Windows 10: Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

Discus and support Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drakkit, Aug 15, 2020.

1. drakkit Win User

Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having additional clutter. The problem is that when we switch the main monitor A to the secondary monitor B it will automatically change to that speaker on the B monitor. When we change back to A monitor the only speaker that shows up in list is the B monitor which is not currently connected or it shows nothing at all. We always have to restart the main PC connected to A to get the correct list of speakers to show up again. We want the A speaker to always show in the list without having to restart the PC every time. Or we want a quick way to refresh the list without having to restart the A pc every time.

:)

drakkit, Aug 15, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

DVI, does not provide any sound, its digital video only. HDMI will provide sound, if the monitor has a HDMI input and speakers. Right click the speaker icon down in the notifications area by the clock. Select playback devices and look for your video card. Mine lists NVidia High Definition Audio as an option. It's listed multiple times I guess because the card has multiple outputs. You want to switch it from speakers to your video cards HDMI output. If your feeding your signal through an HDMI to DVI adapter you won't get any sound. As far as I know anyway.

alphanumeric, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

1. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors - Similar Threads - Trouble identifying speakers

2. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  3. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  6. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  7. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  8. Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?: I like to switch depending on if people are nearby me or not and I probably switch between my monitor and headset alot more than the average person. Is there a way to set up a hotkey so I don't have to keep opening menus? submitted by /u/UsedSpaghetti-O [link] [comments]...
  9. Switching between two microphone and speaker options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between two microphone and speaker options.: I use 2 methods for mic and speaker. A usb multi-adapter and headset for dictation or when somebody has a hard time hearing using the multi-adapter. Is there an easy way to switch between them without going through the windows steps to get to source? Is it possible to get a...
  10. BSOD when using two monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using two monitors: Hello all, I am facing issue as I am using two monitor at same time to extend the screen. I didn't have this Issue before, but I am not exactly sure what caused this issue. I am assuming windows 10, because I don't recall having this sort of problem in previous windows....