Windows 10: Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App

Discus and support Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to import videos to my laptop but 4 different things keep me from doing it. 1. Even though my phone is unlocked it keeps telling me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StellaMiceli-Osano, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App

So I'm trying to import videos to my laptop but 4 different things keep me from doing it.

1. Even though my phone is unlocked it keeps telling me that it needs to be unlocked to import.

2. Getting stuck while importing them and I have to restart the app.

3. The videos and photos disappear while I try to select them to import.

4. It only imports a couple videos from what I've selected and it says "Your files might not have been imported".

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's really annoying.

:)

StellaMiceli-Osano, Dec 18, 2019

2. importing photos from iphone 5 to windows 10

Hi Diana,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How are you trying to import photos from I phone
      to windows
    Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Connect your iPhone to your PC using the connection cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now. You might see a notification with Trust option. Tap Trust option to continue. The moment Windows recognizes your iPhone,
    you will see a notification on the screen asking Tap to choose what happens with this device.

Click or tap the notification to see three options: Import photos and videos, Open device to view files, and Take no action. Click or tap
    Import photos and videos option. This action will open all photos on your iPhone in Windows 10’s Photos app.

Select photos and videos that you wish to import and then click or tap
    Import button to start copying all photos from your iPhone to PC. Once Photos app completes the transfer, you’ll see an option to open up the folder to view imported photos. You can also close Photos app if you would like to view photos later.
    If issue persist, kindly try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Connect the iPhone to Windows 10
      computer
    • Close the prompted window.
    • Press Windows + E key on the keyboard (it will show the phone as drive)
    • Now you can copy and paste the pictures & videos into your Windows drive.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Javo Win User
    iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

4. Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App

Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop running Windows 10. My photos app is having no trouble importing photos, it’s finishing the import and “adding photos to the collection” that I’m having trouble with it. I just imported videos off my video camera
    (JVC) and the videos imported, but for the last 45 minutes the screen has been saying “imported 16 of 16 items” and will not change to the “photos and videos added to your collection, show them” popup. It has in the past taken a good hour for that popup to
    show and the photos to finish importing, and frankly it’s quite annoying as I am a photographer/videographer and constantly importing photos. This happens every time I import, be it with my Nikon camera, my video camera, or even my iPhone. Please help!!!

paint and thoroughbred, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App

1. Trouble Importing Videos From iPhone On Windows 10 Photo App - Similar Threads - Trouble Importing Videos

2. Trouble importing photos from iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble importing photos from iphone: My iPhone storage is full, with the majority of it being photos so I decided that ill put them onto my computer to free up space. Little did I know that this would take 3+ hours just to get no more than 20 photos uploaded to my computer in an incredibly frustrating...
  3. Trouble importing photos from iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble importing photos from iphone: My iPhone storage is full, with the majority of it being photos so I decided that ill put them onto my computer to free up space. Little did I know that this would take 3+ hours just to get no more than 20 photos uploaded to my computer in an incredibly frustrating...
  4. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  5. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  6. Trouble importing a video from my iPhone to the photos app on my laptop

Trouble importing a video from my iPhone to the photos app on my laptop: I have an approximately 30 minute video that I recorded about 5 hours ago, and I need to transfer over to my laptop, but every time I plug in my phone and go to import it, the video doesn’t show up. Is it not showing up because it’s too large of a video? I’m out of storage so...
  7. Windows 10 - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone: The Photos App is lagging the videos I import from my iPhone. At first I thought it was just because I was editing and the videos were in previewmode, but after finishing they stil lag. I already tried the 720p and 540p quality, but no difference. This didn't happen with...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone

Windows 10 Pro - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone: As of last week, the Photos App is lagging the videos I import from my iPhone. I drag and drop small clips less than 2 minutes and they lag! They play perfectly fine on the Movies & TV app on Windows 10 Pro, but as soon as I import them to my Photos - Video Projects they...
  9. Import of photos & videos from iPhone to PC windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Import of photos & videos from iPhone to PC windows 10: Im sure many of you may have this problem or not at all! When i import the photos & videos from my iphone 7 to my Pc Sony Viao the screen freezes on ‘Looking for new photos & videos’ i have tried several methods from forums to make this work but to no avail! I have never...
  10. Windows 10 Pro - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone

Windows 10 Pro - Photos App is Lagging Videos Imported from iPhone: As of last week, the Photos App is lagging the videos I import from my iPhone. I drag and drop small clips (less than 2 minutes) and they lag! They play perfectly fine on the Movies & TV app on Windows 10 Pro, but as soon as I import them to my Photos - Video Projects they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc will find photos and videos on my iphone but then freezes and they will not export frim phone ti pc

2. Having trouble importing videos from iphone

3. windows 10 photo app stuck in detecting photos when importing from iphone

4. problem in importing iphone videos,
  5. why does iphone have trouble importing videos to Windows PC?