Windows 10: Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

Discus and support Trouble installing 20H2 feature update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have attempted to install this update on a number of occasions but it fails with the following error code 0x800700a1. I used the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dman01, Jun 1, 2021.

1. dman01 Win User

Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

I have attempted to install this update on a number of occasions but it fails with the following error code 0x800700a1. I used the update troubleshooter which made a number of changes to my laptop but now it says "my device is missing important security & quality fixes".I have absolutely no idea whats going on and now the windows troubleshooter has made everything worse! I get no error code about the missing fixes and quite honestly sick of the whole process. Can someone please throw some light on what I should do? I wasnt even able to find out what the original error code meant!

:)

dman01, Jun 1, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Jun 1, 2021
  3. seldenm Win User
    Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update

I'm running 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) x64. Windows update tries to install KB4592438 2020-12 Cumulative update. Each time I run the windows upgrade, it fails saying some files are missing or have problems. Here is what I have tried: sfc /scannow, various flavors of DISM, stopped services, cleared out the upgrade cache, and restarted services. All of these result in exactly the same message.

Trouble installing 20H2 feature update [​IMG]

Should I be worried about this? Can I ignore this? What other steps should I try?

seldenm, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

Feature update windows 10 20h2 recently installed and I am not an insider

No, Every thing seems normal. In fact I did not even know this was installed until I went into Settings to check on the firewall settings. I looked at the installed list to see if anything installed would give me a minor firewall error. That is when I
    noticed Feature Update Windows 10 20h2 was installed. After I fixed the browser firewall error everything has been great.

Thanks for your help.

Donald F Saunders Jr, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

1. Trouble installing 20H2 feature update - Similar Threads - Trouble installing 20H2

2. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  3. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  4. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. feature update 20h2

feature update 20h2: dear windows expert;i got a notification about the end of my windows10 release and a feature update being available...i tried MANY times to realize this update; all was unsuccessful...i got advice from you and following your stepsdeleting ALL previous updates and reinstalling...
  6. Can't install feature update 20H2

Can't install feature update 20H2: I have tried several solutions but to no avail. Here is my windowsupdatelog text file https://gist.githubusercontent.com/berserker1/fa08d438a2d193e82c4afe3a85d4543b/raw/788836a365c0b3703d94ed9ee8dd7f3cc061990d/error.txtThe errors that come actually are like this:2021-06-19...
  7. Feature update 20h2 stuck at installing 88%

Feature update 20h2 stuck at installing 88%: I was updating my laptop to feature update 20h2but it got stuck at installing 88%.i want to know why it it not installing completely and also how to install it completely?...
  8. Feature update 20H2

Feature update 20H2: I fully understand that my Windows is now out of date.I do not want it. It says "pending restart".What do I have to do to keep it from installing. Continue to move the scheduled restart date in perpetuity?I am not able to do highly technical things to stop this. I have seen...
  9. feature update to 20H2

feature update to 20H2: Is this an optional feature. Does it mean that it is installing the feature update on my computer? I'm not on 20H2. Does that supersede 1900? to whomever doesn't have the patience to help me, let someone else answer. I have had problems. thanks...
  10. Feature Update Troubles

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Feature Update Troubles: Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1909(2) KB 4497165 Both installed on a client's PC. Outlook 2013 profile removed; IMAP email re-configured from scratch; Task Bar reset to install format; several Tiles removed from Start menu. A number of Desktop icons removed...