Windows 10: Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

Discus and support Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It all started when I tried to connect my iphone to my pc. The Driver wasn't getting installed. When I tried to install it with various means, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FilipRysanek, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

It all started when I tried to connect my iphone to my pc. The Driver wasn't getting installed. When I tried to install it with various means, with and without having iTunes installed, I got "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device" and "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time". I even downloaded the file "usbaapl64.inf" and manually pointed the driver install to the file, but nothing. Somewhere in my search It was suggested that I run scf /scannow to see if there is a system file that is causing a problem. That gave me "There Is System Repair Pending Which Requires Reboot To Complete. Restart Windows And Run SFC Again" rebooting didn't help. Looked into windows update, and I noticed there are three updates that failed...

2020-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4023057 - Error 0x800706be

2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4586878 - Error 0x80070490

2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4592449 - Error 0x800706be

At some point it looked I could try to "reset" windows update, so I tried this script:

Script Reset-WindowsUpdate.ps1 microsoft.com

After temporarily setting my execution policy to unrestricted, I got it to run. After reboot, the Windows update, sfc /scannow, and apple usb driver, still give me the same problems.

Any help would really be appreciated. I have no idea how long windows update hasn't been working, so it's a little more important to me that that is working than my Iphone get connected properly, but that would be nice too.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Ver 1909, build 18363.1139

:)

FilipRysanek, Dec 10, 2020

2. USB composite device "driver error"

USB composite device "driver error" is appearing in device manager. Update Driver Software does not correct problem. Any suggestions?

PAULAZILLER, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    USB-Speakers, USB Composite Device Cannot start. (Code 10)

Hello Monty,

The code that you’re getting is a common driver error. This could sometimes mean that a driver for a specific device is failing to load which could be your smart card reader or other USB composite device. To isolate the issue, kindly provide us the following
    information:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?
    • Do you have any external other device connected via USB?
    • How did you update your USB Composite Device drivers?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the Driver

1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Locate the device that is causing the code 10 error. Right-click it and select Uninstall on the context menu.
    3. When prompted to confirm the uninstallation, check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click the OK button.
    4. Restart your computer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Update the driver

You can update the driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for the device that has the code 10 error, and search for the most recent correct driver. You may also follow these steps on how to update the USB
    composite device driver via Device manager:

1. Hit Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box.

Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers dialog.

Find and right-click on USB Composite Device.

Then click Update Driver Software.
    3. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

After doing the said methods, check if the issue persists.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Thank you so much, I didn't even need to click on the 'Have disk' option as the Apple Mobile Device USB driver appeared in the list. All sorted, very grateful for your help. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device :)

BeigeToast x, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

1. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device - Similar Threads - Trouble installing Apple

2. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  3. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  4. Device manager Samsung mobile usb composite device Code 10 - Help please mobile failing to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device manager Samsung mobile usb composite device Code 10 - Help please mobile failing to...: Hi When I try to connect Samsung S9 to my PC it comes up with in device manager as "Samsung mobile usb composite device" with ! mark. Code 10 I have tried what was suggested on this site but still no joy. Can anyone help please? I have connected the phone to a laptop to...
  5. Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings .....: Apple mobile Device USB Driver in Settings is Missing. I cant remember exactly where it was in the List. All it said was this Device Needs Trouble Shooting. I Clicked on it & selected Remove Device, & a Message Popped up and said Are You Sure you want to delete this...
  6. Ways to install Apple Mobile Device Support

Ways to install Apple Mobile Device Support: I'm having this problem for 3 days. I tried to talk to Apple Support but they said i should Microsoft. Anyone here has any solution??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ways-to-install-apple-mobile-device-support/5ced36b5-79b1-4923-8e6b-7a4e0147a7f1
  7. Missing Samsung USB Composite Device

Missing Samsung USB Composite Device: I wanted to transfer some music from my computer(a PowerSpec computer from MicroCenter) to my phone(Galaxy S9+), but when I went to plug in my phone to my computer, my computer didn't recognize it at all. No sound or pop up to notify any connection. I opened smart switch on...
  8. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver: I need help with getting my laptop, running Windows 10 to recognize my IPod Classic 160gb. It will recognize my IPad through Bluetooth but ITunes won't recognize my IPod Classic (with no Bluetooth, of course!). So far I have done the following: 1. Restarted everything;...
  9. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install: Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7. As I wish to back up my iPhone 7 and restore it to my XS. I have reinstalled iTunes on Windows 64 bit due to issues on the...
  10. apple mobile device service

apple mobile device service: i am trying to hook my iphone 6 up to my windows 10 laptop and it says go to bottom and type service in and apple mobile device service will be there. but its not. and it is nowhere in my computer. how do i get this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apple mobile device usb composite device windows 10