Windows 10: Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop

Discus and support Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased my son a laptop and wanted to add minecraft. I logged in on his laptop with my MS account info and purchased Minecraft but it tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by krosbonez, Apr 27, 2020.

1. krosbonez Win User

Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop

I just purchased my son a laptop and wanted to add minecraft. I logged in on his laptop with my MS account info and purchased Minecraft but it tried downloading it to my computer instead of his laptop. It did not list his laptop as an option to download the game to.

How do I install onto his laptop? How do I get the installation options again, since I can't find them and only option is to purchase again?

:)

krosbonez, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Tylerp666 Win User

new laptop minecraft wont load

Bought a new laptop, windows 10. cant access the xbox app and minecraft is already installed but it wont open, any help or suggestions appreciated. thanks

Tylerp666, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop

Reinstalling Minecraft for Windows 10 on new laptop. Says I need to pay to unlock.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern, as you are unable to install the Minecraft game on the new PC.

In this scenario, please follow the steps mentioned below and check if you still face the issue.

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store.
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same
      Microsoft account
      through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

If you still face the installation issue, then we would suggest you to contact the

Mojang Support
    team for further assistance.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop

1. Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble installing Minecraft

2. Facing trouble on wifi on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing trouble on wifi on a new laptop.: My laptop operating system is windows 11.i m facing some problems on wifi.sometimes it lose the wifi connection then if i run troubleshooter it get fixed but again happen after 3-4 hours.Trouble shooter shows a problem like- "A network adapter is loose or maybe broken" What...
  3. Facing trouble on wifi on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing trouble on wifi on a new laptop.: My laptop operating system is windows 11.i m facing some problems on wifi.sometimes it lose the wifi connection then if i run troubleshooter it get fixed but again happen after 3-4 hours.Trouble shooter shows a problem like- "A network adapter is loose or maybe broken" What...
  4. Trouble downloading minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble downloading minecraft: Hi,so originally I had Minecraft installed and wanted to play it with a friend. Upon starting I realized it was in beta version and the only solution, so it seemed, was reinstalling the game. So I deinstall it and try to reinstall it from the microsoft store, it always froze...
  5. Trouble Getting Minecraft Windows 10 onto New Laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble Getting Minecraft Windows 10 onto New Laptop: Hello, my name is Oscar I have been trying to find the best way to get assistance from Microsoft by phone/chat but I guess this is it. Anyway, I have owned Minecraft Java for a long time now. There was a period of time when Minecraft Windows 10 was free to those who...
  6. Minecraft Account Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Account Troubles: So I bought Minecraft for my kids recently on several devices. My problem is that the account that I originally used to set up the PlayStation doesn't work any more for some reason. When I launch the game and am on the menu the PlayStation doesn't log in to my Microsoft...
  7. Trouble Logging Into Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Logging Into Minecraft: I got minecraft several years ago. It was a prepaid card from gamestop I got as an early chirstmas present. I wanted to play Minecraft one day I found I was unable to log in to my account. I thought I might’ve entered the wrong password. Although this was unlikely, went...
  8. Order trouble with minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order trouble with minecraft: On December 23 I made a purchase of Minecoins. I immediately got the receipt, and payment was processed. I never received the coins though. Minecraft Windows 10. I contacted Mojang support who sent me a support email address for Microsoft. I sent a message to that 11 days...
  9. the trouble with new installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the trouble with new installs: the trouble with new installs when you have several computers: I just got an ssd and decided it was time to upgrade an old computer TOSHIBA Satellite C855 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i3-2370M 8 gig memory JUHOR Z500 120GB [Hard drive] (120.03 GB) to change boot order hold...
  10. Minecraft name trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft name trouble: I'm having some troubletrouble, I don't want to be Salmonshelf i rather have a new name Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-name-trouble/684cc4da-740b-4ca5-8dcf-0bef063a1e32