Windows 10: Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers

Discus and support Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, Thank you in advance for chiming in. I have my questions in bold so it's easier to see them. Long story short, I did a clean reset erase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Nguyen, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for chiming in. I have my questions in bold so it's easier to see them.

Long story short, I did a clean reset erase everything of one of my laptop and there's literally nothing in the hard drive. My goal is to get this laptop goingasap. I did some research and I got the Windows 10 installation media on a USB stick and plug into my laptop. During boot up, I see the HP logo, sometimes, Windows logo. I get to these promptsin order:

1. Select Language and Keyboard Format
    2. Agree to Terms
    3. Upgrade or Custom Install
    4. Select Driver to Install
    5. The partition prompt picture IS NOT what I see. I just prtscn from YouTube

I provided a link that links to my google drive showing pictures of what I'm seeing on my laptop in order as listed above.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a3nLDwu8EI1wvr9zX1tyAXE50H90ARSn?usp=sharing

For some reason, I'm no longer getting a prompt to select the type of Windows 10 I want to install. In addition to that,how come I'm not able to see "Where do you want to install Windows?I got directed to installing drivers. What drivers am I missing? I made some calls and been told that even if you selected the wrong type of Windows, it will still install. In addition to that, they didn't need to install drivers because Microsoft already included them.

I was also told that my SSD could be broken. Based on the diagnose tool to check hard drive to see if it's working by quick or extensive troubleshooting, it said"it couldn't detect my hard drive". But when I go to the list of drives I want to boot from, it clearly shows that I can boot from the hard drive.What's going on?

Bear in mind that I use different USB stick and different USB ports. In addition, I changed some stuff in BIOS and it still won't get pass the "missing drivers". I read from @AndreDaCosta mentioning that because I didn't select the right type of Windows selected Pro instead of Home, I need to do a clean install again. But how can I do a clean install again from where I am?

I was hoping installing Windows 10 would be an easy task as depicted from YouTube, but it looks like I'm having a hard time.

Thank you all again. Please do ask any questions for anything that I didn't clarify enough.

Ian

:)

Ian Nguyen, Jan 29, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers

1. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers - Similar Threads - Trouble Installing Due

2. Windows 10 Install failing due to media driver missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Install failing due to media driver missing?: I downloaded and extracted the files for SATA connections but there’s no others I can think of. The SSD is being detected by BIOS. The USB with the drivers is being detected during Windows 10 install page. The Windows 10 CD/DVD is definitely detected because it’s running the...
  3. Windows 10 Install failing due to media driver missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Install failing due to media driver missing?: I downloaded and extracted the files for SATA connections but there’s no others I can think of. The SSD is being detected by BIOS. The USB with the drivers is being detected during Windows 10 install page. The Windows 10 CD/DVD is definitely detected because it’s running the...
  4. Windows 10 Install failing due to media driver missing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to install a device due to "driver tampering" on Windows 10?

Unable to install a device due to "driver tampering" on Windows 10?: I have used the same usb-midi adapter to sync my digital mixer, digital multitrack recorder, and midi music devices with my in my recording studio pc, for a number of years. Since moving to Windows 10, I have had to edit the driver file to make it compatible with Windows 10....
  6. Unable to install a device due to "driver tampering" on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install a device due to "driver tampering" on Windows 10?: I have used the same usb-midi adapter to sync my digital mixer, digital multitrack recorder, and midi music devices with my in my recording studio pc, for a number of years. Since moving to Windows 10, I have had to edit the driver file to make it compatible with Windows 10....
  7. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop: Hi,my new Asus laptop was working fine, I avoided updating to Win11 to avoid technical issues.After a Windows update, the laptop can't restart and can repair Windows.Then I followed Asus guide: How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM...
  8. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop

Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop: Hi,my new Asus laptop was working fine, I avoided updating to Win11 to avoid technical issues.After a Windows update, the laptop can't restart and can repair Windows.Then I followed Asus guide: How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM...
  9. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 10 Installation fails due to "Missing media drivers"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation fails due to "Missing media drivers": I am trying to install Windows 10 Home 64bit back to my PC. I can select language but after that I can't do anything since it requires some drivers. I did search for fixes but nothing worked yet, here is what I have tried: Different USB device Different USB ports (2.0 and...